Here are the weeks prior for comparison:
And here I am at 15 weeks
...no denying it anymore...there's definitely a baby in there! My mom called me "Bumpy" yesterday. Ha! People who know I'm pregnant say they can tell now. Though I probably just look a little thick around the middle to a stranger's eye. It's so funny the different reactions I got at church yesterday. Everyone asked to see the bump, and I heard everything from, "you're still so tiny!" To, "Wow, you really popped!" Haha, I guess the bump is in the eye of the beholder!
I know it's still super early for this, but I THOUGHT I felt the baby on Thursday night. I had fallen asleep on the couch. A few minutes after I woke up, I felt what I can only describe as a "twinge" very low right in the center of my abdomen. It happened 2-3 times, and basically felt like a tiny muscle spasm or something. I still don't know if it was the baby, but I'm going to pretend like it was. Ha! I thought it would be the coolest thing in the world the first time I felt it, but honestly my first reaction was, "Oh my gosh, how weird!!" Haha...it really was a weird but awesome sensation! And like I said, it might not have even been the baby. I'll have to wait a few more weeks until I know I've felt the real thing, and compare.
- My nausea is a million times better this week! Praise God! I just have slight nausea when my stomach is empty.
- Nothing else new, really. Still emotional and moody and very tired. Some headaches and a bit of light-headedness from time to time. And a few more aches and pains than normal.
- The burger craving returned yesterday. I begged Luke to go out to lunch, and luckily he finally budged and we went to a diner with some friends. And I ordered a big, juicy burger and it hit the spot. Again, I'm guessing I just need more protein.
- Dairy (besides ice cream...that always sounds good!)
- We're a month or 5 weeks from our anatomy scan (we'll schedule it on Friday!), which is when we find out the gender. People love to tell their guess as to what the gender is, and I love to hear them! I think girl is winning right now, which is my guess, but I am getting so anxious to find out! I'm also trying to decide if I want to do any sort of fun gender reveal party. I really don't want to make a huge deal of it, but I just thought it might be fun to have our parents and siblings over for pizza or something so we can tell them all at the same time instead of making a bunch of phone calls after the appointment. What are your thoughts on gender reveals? Like I said, I really don't want to make a huge deal out of it, but it would be fun to celebrate together with family!
- We have our monthly appointment on Friday! Nothing too exciting happening then, but we get to hear the heartbeat for the first time from the outside, so Luke wants to be there for that. And honestly, I want him there for moral support, just in case something is wrong. Of course I'm trying to trust and not worry! But it is a daily battle.
I think I'm coming into the honeymoon phase that I talked about last week! There are so many things to look forward to in the coming weeks! We are so blessed!