Friday, January 10, 2014

2014 Goals

I originally decided that I wasn't going to set any New Years resolutions. But after 2014 had already rolled in, I kept thinking about things that I want to work on.

For some reason, the word "resolution" just seems to set me up for failure.  I can never stick to resolutions!  And if I make it to 2015 without sticking to all of my resolutions, I'll feel like I have not accomplished anything.  So instead, I'll simply call them goals.  Things I would like to accomplish, but it's okay if I don't.  I guess it's just semantics, but the word "goals" sounds much better to me!

First of all, I would like to set a goal of blogging at least once a week (obviously I missed the first week of 2014!).  Three or four years ago, once a week would have been cutting back.  Like, a lot.  But lately life has gotten so busy and writing and reading blog posts has really been put on the back burner.  I am so sad that I am months behind reading all of my favorite blogs!  I want to try to be better at reading and commenting on blogs, but also at writing in mine.  I miss it!  On Friday nights like tonight, Luke plays basketball at the church, so I think that will be my blogging night. Scarlett has just been fed and is totally passed out beside me, I'm in my pajamas, a movie is playing in the background, and a candle is burning.  I'm so relaxed, and my mind is just filled with things I want to spill out onto the pages of my blog!  I thought I'd just sit down and churn out as many blog posts as I can while I have some rare me-time.  anyway, if I make Friday night my blogging night, I should be able to write at least one post a week, and hopefully a lot more than that!

Another goal I want to accomplish is to read at least 1 book per month in 2014, for fun! Again, 12 books in a year would have been greatly cutting back for me in the past.  But I haven't read a book for fun (not including pregnancy/labor and delivery/baby books, which I would consider more as reference books than fun reads.  Oh, and kids books which I read about 6 per day to Scarlett) since grad school started.  I miss reading for fun so much, so I decided to make it a priority in 2014.

I also want to start making at least 2 cook-ahead meals every weekend.  My schedule this coming semester is going to be pretty heavy, at least during the beginning of every week.  Last semester Luke and I ended up eating frozen pizzas and quick, easy, unhealthy meals way too often.  I now realize eating well is going to require a little bit of planning ahead.

A few other things I want to work on this semester include: being better about being on time, spending more quality time with Luke, lose more of my pregnancy weight, stay off my phone and iPad when I am spending quality time with Scarlett, and work on my procrastination issues.

That sounds like a lot, but I figure if I try and fail at a lot of these things, I will still make progress and be better off than if I had never tired at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!