(First of all, I'd like to apologize for the quality of these pictures. I had to use the self-timer on my iPhone. I really hope I can buy a camera soon, because my iPhone is just not cutting it).
I took a "bump" picture at 4 weeks so I'd have something to compare to. And while there are some differences between 4 weeks and 12 weeks, I'm not so sure that the bump you see at 12 weeks is actually the baby, since the baby is probably much lower in my abdomen than that bump. More likely, it is probably just my stomach organs being pushed up and moved around by my ever-growing uterus, which is about the size of a grapefruit now (although the baby is just the size of a plum).
As far as baby goes, the biggest milestone is that he/she has all of his/her major organs and body parts. From here on out, it's just a matter of growing and refining.
As for me, the biggest milestone in the past week has been getting over that morning sickness hump! I now just experience the occasional wave of nausea, but am feeling a lot more like myself these days!
- Again, occasional nausea (no longer throwing up though, yay!)
- Fatigue, although some of my energy seems to be coming back
- Being extremely emotional. Luckily, more weepy than moody. Although Luke has seen my ugly side a few times, unfortunately.
- Chobani Greek yogurt. Strawberry and raspberry are the flavors I crave most.
- Rich, chocolaty things. Who am I?! JC got us about 6 large packs of Resse's Peanut Butter Cups for Christmas, and I have yet to touch one. Craziness.
- The baby, who was 10 weeks old (or negative 30 weeks, depending on how you look at it!) received many Christmas gifts, including a very special one that I plan to do a whole post on at some point. He or she is loved so much already. Everyone must know the baby is going to be a bookworm like his/her mommy!
- Yesterday I went shopping with my mom and sister and looked through tons of baby stuff for the first time. I just now feel like I can breathe a little bit and really enjoy this since I am almost out of the first trimester. And since I don't feel like I'm about to die anymore.
- Umm, I bought this at Old Navy. I could not pass it up. It was my first official purchase for baby. It looks boy-ish, but I decided it could be unisex. Next winter the baby will match its daddy, who is obsessed with his Russian hat!
- Luke and I are going to find out the sex in about 2 months. I cannot wait! I have a feeling it's a girl, but Luke says the opposite, so we will see! I feel like I am just not going to be able to wait that long! How do some people wait the whole 9 months?! I could never do that. Plus, we've decided not to start nursery plans until we know what it is.
I think that about catches us up! Next week I will officially be in the second trimester! Yay! I kid you not: I am terrified to ever get pregnant again because of how sick I was for the past 6 weeks! Of course, I'm sure that won't stop me, and I still thank God every day for this miracle! I even thank him for the morning sickness, because it was good proof of what was happening inside of me!