These pictures keep getting worse. It's been a rough couple days with nausea, vomiting, and the worst headache of my life, so this is as good as it's gonna get today! ha!
It's becoming a more distinct "bump" and getting a little harder to hide! Luckily, I'm still able to wear all of my normal clothes, and I think it'll be awhile before I'll have to switch to maternity.
Now I can feel my little baby bump just about all of the time when I'm laying down. It is the coolest thing ever to feel it! It's just a little firm bump. I can especially feel it if a cat is laying on my stomach pushing on it. And I'm almost 100% sure it's not my bladder this time. Ha!
I'm officially in the second trimester! That means I should be entering the "honeymoon stage" of pregnancy. I'm still waiting to feel a ton better, since I'm still struggling with morning sickness on a fairly regular basis. Also, now that I've reached the second trimester, my chances of delivering a healthy baby have gone up. I wish I could tell you that I didn't worry about miscarriage during the entire first trimester, but that would be a lie. I struggled a lot with fear and doubt after waiting so long to get pregnant. So entering the second trimester feels like a giant relief.
- nausea and vomiting. Yes, still. The nausea comes and goes, and it's definitely a million times better than it was! But it's kind of annoying that I felt so much better for 2 weeks, and then the morning sickness came right back. I am trying to patiently wait for it to pass completely!
- Fatigue seems to be back worse than it ever was before, but I think that's because I started class last week.
- Still very emotional. I watched The Help on Saturday, and basically bawled through the entire movie.
- I've had some weird pains and pinching feelings in my abdomen, which I think might be round ligament pain?? I have no frame of reference, so I'm not sure if that's what they are or not.
- I had a major craving for a cheeseburger on Saturday. Luke picked one up for me on the way home from town, and it was like the best thing I'd ever eaten. I inhaled it. Maybe I just really needed some protein?
- Again, most food in general. I'm still nauseous about 60% of the time, so not much sounds good. Dairy is probably my biggest aversion right now. And water. Unfortunately, I am so grossed out by water right now. I have to force myself to drink it.
- The baby continues to be spoiled already! Aunt Moey and Uncle Luke got him/her these cute Ohio State onesies:
- And Raeann, a friend from church who is a fellow Malone alum, gave us this adorable bib! I told Luke I would love for our kids to be the biggest Ohio State fans ever, but to pick a nice, Christian school like Malone for college. Ha! Either way, the baby will certainly be set with college gear! Now I just need something from The University of Akron!
Hopefully next week I'll say that my morning sickness is totally gone, and I've entered the "honeymoon stage!" I really am looking forward to all the second trimester will involve, including a real baby bump (looking pregnant, and not just fat!), feeling some little flutters, and learning the gender!