How to use it:
- Predictable text: Once you have read a few pages, you can leave off words, and children can fill them in for you. You can also have students predict what's going to happen next.
- Rich Vocabulary: there are many synonyms for "sleep" in the book. Have children make a list of all the words they can find that mean "sleep."
- Prepositions: Have students answer "where?" questions on each page, using prepositions. For example, ask them, "Where is the mouse on this page?" Instead of just having the child point, have them tell you, "ON the mirror."
- Story recall: Have children draw a picture of everyone on the bed in the napping house, and then have them tell you what happened after they were all asleep.
- Sequencing: Use pictures to have students retell the story in the correct sequence. I actually just opened my own Teachers Pay Teachers store, and I uploaded free sequencing pictures HERE, so hop on over there and download them! Your children will love it. The download also includes a page where students can write all the synonyms for "sleep" from the story.