Thursday, January 15, 2015

Halloween 2014 Recap

I'm going to attempt to recap some of the things I've missed in the past 6 months, since I haven't been blogging regularly.

I want to start by recapping our Halloween.  Scarlett had been in a serious Minnie phase for a few months.  (She still is, but not to the same degree).  We decided Minnie would be a perfect Halloween costume idea for her.

There is just something about a non-mass produced/ homemade costume that I just love.  I wanted Scarlett's costume to look unique, and somehow all the pieces of her costume just sort of fell into my lap.  My mom found the red dress at a thrift store.  It originally had wings and black netting and was a lady bug costume, but I fixed it up a bit to look more like Minnie.  Luke's aunt had made the ears when his cousin was a baby, so we borrowed those from her.  I drew three little lines on a pair of mittens, and they became perfect Minnie hands. I just put a black onesie and a pair of black tights on under everything, and voila: Minnie costume! 


Oh wait...I almost forgot my favorite part: the tail!  My mom made it.  There was wire inside, so it could be bent and shaped.


The first time we put the costume on Scarlett, you should have seen the look on her face when she looked in the mirror and realized that she was dressed as Minnie!  She could not have been more excited.


Cutest little Minnie Mouse you ever did see!

We spent the evening making donuts at our church's big trunk or treat night.  It was FREEZING (I'm pretty sure it snowed the next day) but we had so much fun!

...And just for fun, here's last year's costume:


 Little Princess Leia! 

So fun!  I can't wait to see what next Halloween will have in store, especially since Scarlett will be old enough to have a say in her costume! (Which makes me think we will probably end up with a little Elsa, Anna, or Olaf next year, but we shall see!) 










1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!