Saturday, November 28, 2009

O Christmas Tree

Luke and I decided yesterday that we would wait until next weekend to buy our Christmas tree and set it up. We spent the evening last night moving furniture from upstairs to the downstairs living room so we could paint the new upstairs living room later. (Was that confusing enough for you?) The downstairs living room was so nice and cozy once we got it set up. Except that one corner of the room seemed bare and incomplete. We decided that we couldn't wait until next weekend to buy the tree. We woke up and headed straight to the Christmas tree farm this morning!
We were not there more than 5 minutes total. I kid you not. We don't waste time when it comes to Christmas decorating! And I'm really happy with the tree we picked.
I had no idea what kind of motivation having a few days off from work would give us. I think we need a 5-day weekend every month :-) We accomplished a lot today!

We brought our tree home and set it up
I started making my tree skirt at my mom and dad's...here is a preview! Hopefully I'll finish tomorrow.
We put one coat of paint on the entire attic room. You can still see the red, so we'll need at least 1 or 2 more coats. And the trim is not staying black.
We made two trips to town due to my pickyness with the LED lights Luke picked out.

I designed a new blog header and updated my background, as you can see.

And finally, we decorated our tree.
All while keeping two very mischievous little critters under control
"Who, me??"
Anyway, it's not even 9:00 yet! If only I had this kind of constructive energy all the time. I can't believe how much energy I've had during this break. I don't know why teaching sucks so much energy out of me, but it really does! It's been such a wonderfully refreshing little break. And it's not even over yet :-)

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking that. All the free time - i.e., the sans teaching time - has energized me. Shows how sapping our jobs are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the christmas TREE! Ands its REAL!! Makes my day to see real christmas trees!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!