Friday, March 16, 2012

Feeling Like Home



At last.  Our renovations are just about complete, and almost all of our stuff (which I now realize we have way too much of) is moved downstairs.

This past week was spring break for me, and I spent most of it getting settled in and organized.  It is really feeling like home down here!

We are quickly falling into a routine in our new surroundings, and I love how much more convenient everything is living on the first floor!

Tonight I decided to celebrate our new home (and my big, new kitchen!) with one of Luke's favorite meals: breakfast for dinner. 

I had been hungry for home fries all day, and I tried this recipe.  They were delicious!  I even had some left-overs, so I'm planning on making a nice brunch tomorrow, too.
 

I also tried this delicious, cinnamon, baked, French toast.  Oh, yum.  It was so sweet and tasty smothered in our Pure Ohio Maple Syrup (A Christmas gift).  I also made bacon and eggs, and we ate ourselves silly.  The best part was that our house smelled like camping, because this is the kind of gigantic breakfast we eat while camping.
 It's the little things like breakfast for dinner that turn a house into a home.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yum, looks delicious!!!

    I've been MIA from blog-reading the past couple months, so I was just catching up on our renovations. Very nice!!! Must feel like a sign of relief to have some projects completed!

    Keep your chin up with the school thing... God knows what He's doing!! :)

    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!