Continuing to grow...according to thebump.com, she's about the size of a head of lettuce. And I think her mama is growing in areas besides just the belly, but we won't talk about that...
Since this is my last bumpdate in the second trimester, I did a collage of the bump progression through second tri. I remember thinking my bump was getting big around weeks 12 and 14! Haha! Now I can barely see anything there.
(Somehow I looked bigger 2 weeks ago, but I think it's just the angle of the camera)
I'm down to double digits until my due date! 99 days and counting...
Every day feels like a milestone now...one more day closer to meeting her, and one more day that she has developed and grown
- Occasional heartburn, but it seems to have subsided some
- Still having Braxton Hicks contractions, at least a few every day. Yesterday I actually was freaking out a little because I was having them so often. But I never reached the "danger" point where you're supposed to call the doctor, as in, there were never more than 6 in an hour, and they weren't really painful. After I laid down for the evening, they completely went away until this morning. I guess it's just my body practicing for the big day, and there is no need to worry!
- Nothing too extreme, but burgers are always in the back of my mind. We had some really good ones on Friday at a burger bar called The Rail in Fairlawn
- Nothing. I'm going to stop adding this section on future bumpdates, because I feel like I would eat anything and everything right now. Although I'm trying not to...
- Nursery work is officially underway. The room is painted, and carpet will be installed soon. Luke also put the crib together, and we ordered a cute name decal for above it. The decal was Luke's idea, so we can always tell her that was her Daddy's special gift for her room (even though I technically made the final decision on the one we picked). This is what it looks like, but the letters will be dark gray, and obviously it will say "Scarlett" instead of "Olivia."I found it in this shop on Etsy. The seller has tons of cute decals!
Well, that about wraps up the second trimester! I still have 1 more week, but I'll be in the 3rd trimester next time I post an update! I was just telling Luke that first tri went by at a snail's pace, but second tri flew by! I'm sure 3rd tri will probably fly by too, up until I get super uncomfortable. It's starting to feel so real, and I'm honestly starting to freak out a bit! We still have so much to do! I'm sure it will all get done somehow.