Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Photo Dump


This is obviously not a picture, but a video. Scarlett was punching away this morning (her legs have been on the opposite side of my stomach at both ultrasounds, so that's why I'm guessing it's a punch and not a kick) , and I caught her on a very quick video!

Spring is emerging slower than I ever could have imagined this year.  It was 21 degrees when I left my house yesterday morning.  It's been quite depressing if I'm being completely honest.  However, at the end of the day when I emerged from the dungeon practically window-less building where all my classes are, it was sunny and in the 50s!  And the 10 day forecast looks pretty promising, with temperatures in the 50s and 60s for most days.  I was so excited, I had to take a picture while I was at a stop light in Akron yesterday.  I have a thing for blue skies and puffy clouds.

On Tuesday night, I met a friend for dinner, and then decided to do a little shopping for some more maternity pants. It was a bust, to say the least.  I need some dressy pants for clinicals and church.  I'm finding that maternity clothes usually come in simple small, medium, and large sizes, but are all about the same length to fit the height of the "average" woman. Ugh.  I was hoping to avoid expensive stores like Motherhood Maternity, but I'm getting desperate, and I know I'd have more luck there.  My last hope will be Old Navy before I try there.  Being short is such a pain sometimes!  

I was a bit depressed that I had no luck finding any clothes, so I eased the pain by buying something for Scarlett.  I was thinking this might just be a perfect going home outfit since it will probably be so hot in the middle of July!  I thought a cotton onesie would be comfortable for her, and I thought this one was just cute and girlie.  I might end up buying something a little fancier, but I just want her to be comfortable.  I can't believe I'm thinking about a coming home outfit already!  I'm quickly approaching the third trimester-- the home stretch!  I can't wait to meet the little baby we've been waiting YEARS for!  It feels like my whole life has been leading up to this!

I guess that's all I have for today since I already shared all of my Easter/spring break photos.  Happy weekend!


1 comment:

  1. Can you hem the pants? I usually have the opposite problem - I have trouble finding pants that are long enough! So many of them are jsut a tad too short for me, and forget wearing heels with maternity pants! Looking cute! I loved the little video - it never ceases to amaze me, watching the baby movement from the outside!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!