Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Break and Easter Weekend

I am currently coming off of the high that was spring break, 2013.  I had a whole week off from school, clinicals, and homework (that part was my choice, and I don't regret it one bit!), and it was amazing!  I'm glad I only have five more weeks left until the end of the semester, or it would have been really impossible to be back and sit through 5 hours of classes today.

I didn't do anything too out-of-the-ordinary or special for break, and the weather was (and is still) HORRIBLE for a lot of it, but I still really enjoyed the leisure time!  I spent it:

Watching lots and lots of March Madness basketball.  My bracket was going strong until Ohio State choked on Saturday. Basketball is always a good excuse to spend time with friends and eat good food!


...having a date night with Luke where we went out to dinner and crib shopping.  We picked one out, and it should be here in the next few days!

...having another date night with Luke where we bought a new couch and love seat.  I guess it was furniture-buying week for us.  Our sectional that we bought a few years ago just didn't fit quite right in our new living room, and our cats had punctured the heck out of the leather. No more leather furniture for us! Luke and I both agreed that the new stuff is much more comfortable than our old sectional.  The cats think so too!

...stopped at White House on the way home from my doctor's appointment on Friday because Scarlett wanted me to.  That's what I told Luke, anyway.  It's good to use her as an excuse sometimes...

...attended an Easter egg dying party at Luke's aunt's house on Good Friday.  I think I was about 10 years old the last time I colored eggs, so it was fun!  I tried to get creative, and made an ombre egg

...We were lucky enough to enjoy a little bit of sunshine (what's that?) on Friday and Saturday.  

...On Saturday night, my mom, sister, and I had a headband-making party for Scarlett.  Julie made the headband holder.  This is at least a good starter set!  (I hope Scarlett likes headbands, because her mama sure does!)

...on Easter Sunday we went to church, then had lunch with my family, and dinner with Luke's family.  We were on-the-go all day, so when we got home, Luke and I both fell asleep on the couch before 9.  I wonder what holidays like this will be like with a little one to tote around?  I'm going to have to start drinking more coffee after she's here!  Always nice to spend time with family, though, and to celebrate that He is Risen! 


Now I have 5 more weeks of classes in the spring semester, followed by a week-long seminar, and another 4 week summer class.  And then I will officially be done with school until Scarlett is about 5 weeks old!  Where are the brakes?  Time is moving to fast!  And yet too slow at the same time.  How's that for an oxymoron?

I hope you all had a blessed Easter!

2 comments:

  1. i love all the headbands! and yeah for date nights! how fun to get your crib too - i love staring at ours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those headbands. So cute!! And yay for date night!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!