Tuesday, May 14, 2013

30 Week Bumpdate

The Bump:

I'm not exactly sure how I have 10 more weeks to grow.  I feel huge.


Milestones:

I am officially 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy.  

We are in the home stretch. It's just a matter of Scarlett putting some meat on her bones, and fine-tuning survival behaviors like breathing and swallowing so she's ready for life on the outside.  She probably weighs around 3 lbs.

Girlfriend's got some strong movements going on!  She has actually made me wince a few times.  Especially when she kicks/punches straight down.  Ouch.

Symptoms:
  • Pretty excruciating backaches that come and go, mostly in the evenings after I've been sitting for a long time.
  • Mild swelling in my feet when I'm on them a lot during the day
  • Waking up at least twice in the night, because, to quote Rachel from Friends, "Apparently this baby thinks that my bladder is a squeeze toy."
  • However, I think it is a huge praise that I have not had trouble sleeping at all during this entire pregnancy.  I know insomnia is a common symptom of late pregnancy, and I am still going strong with my sleeping, so hopefully I can keep it up for 10 more weeks!
Cravings: 
  • At least 2-3 times a week I cook some chicken in the oven and cover it in cheese and salsa.  Then I serve it over rice mixed with more salsa, sour cream, black beans, and corn.  I would eat it every day if I could.  I guess it's my own version of a Chipotle burrito bowl.
Fun Stuff:
  • The nursery is really coming along!  I'm finishing up a few projects, my mom is finishing up the crib bedding, and besides that, I'm about done with all I can do until my showers!  Below is a picture of some alphabet cards I found for FREE on Pinterest.  I just printed them on card stock and cut out, clipped them to some twine with small clothespins, and I'm waiting for Luke to hang it on the wall.  I found it HERE.  (There are some great freebies on that website!)
  • Luke and I have decided to take our childbirth classes online through our hospital.  I can't wait to start!  Although the whole thing kind of freaks me out, making the "big day" feel close and very real.
There are up to 10 more weeks until Scarlett gets here (I refuse to believe that it might possibly be MORE than 10 weeks)!  My mind is blown thinking about how our life will change.  A tiny piece of me is a little sad to see all of our freedom go, but we've had 9 years together just the two of us. I'm ready to bring another member into our family!

2 comments:

  1. i'm jealous you only get up to pee twice! i'm pretty sure I went at least 4 or 5 times last night! yeah for the last 10 weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look adorable - I can't believe you are 30 weeks already! It's flying by - she'll be here before you know it! It's a good change, trust me. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!