Thursday, May 9, 2013

Dear Scarlett,

I can't believe there are only 2.5 months left until we meet you!  It seems like just yesterday I was leaning over the toilet, literally spilling my guts, feeling like the hard part would never end. 

Not that this part isn't hard too...you are currently making my feet swell up like balloons by the end of every day, and you had me in tears while driving home from Akron the other day because your favorite spot seems to be planting yourself on what I think must be a bundle of nerves in the lower left side of my back.  But the truth is, even though I use the "pregnant lady" license to complain every now and again, I would do it all over again a million times to have you in my life!

I've been busy lately getting ready for your arrival.  On Monday, your Grandma and I went out shopping for material to use in your crib bedding, and we finished up your registry.  Every little item we picked out made me more and more anxious to meet you! 
 

We also went shopping for some clothes.  We found your first bathing suit!  You'll have to wait until next summer to wear it, but I have a feeling we'll be spending all of our spare time at Grandma and Grandpa's pool in the summer of '14, so I'm sure we'll get a lot of use out of it.  




You are also now ready for this fall as far is your dad is concerned, because I found this nice Ohio State jacket for you.  I'm afraid you are already an Ohio State fan, and I don't think you have much say in the matter.  You were born into it.

I must say, I think I've gone a little overboard shopping for clothes for you in the past week.  I wonder if you will be as girly as your mama, and if you'll love shopping for girly things as much as I do.

 I have so many questions about you!  Who will you look like?  Will you be tall like your daddy?  Will you have my curly hair?  What will your personality be like? What about your interests?  Will you be a piano player or a drummer?  A dancer or an athlete?  Maybe an artist like your Aunt Julie?  I can't wait to get to know every little part of you as you grow.

I've been busy getting your nursery together.  with every project, I imagine what it will be like to lay you to sleep for your first night in your crib.  I can't wait to hold you in my arms while I rock you, sing to you, smell your sweet baby smell, and watch you fall asleep. I can't wait to read to you and watch you grow.  I am terribly overwhelmed at the thought of being your mother.  But God knows what He's doing, and I know he picked your dad and I to be your parents, just as He picked you to be our daughter.

I can't wait to meet you!  I still have a million things to do before you get here, but I hope time moves quickly!  We have been waiting a very long time to meet you! 

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. THis made me want to cry! So sweet. Can't wait until she makes her arrival, and that swimsuit is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!