Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Crunch time!

That's right...it's time to start panicking. Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and I still have so much to do! It will be a challenge to get it all done in time tomorrow.

I spent today working on Christmas projects. Here is the fudge I made for our renters. I decided to drizzle some chocolate on top, because who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter?


These are the tags I'm using on the packages for the fudge. They're pretty simple, but I'm a little crunched for time right now!


I feel like I spent the entire day baking, wrapping, cleaning, shopping, and doing other random tasks to get ready for tomorrow and Thursday. Christmas is fun, but it's a lot of work!

Tonight I had a little break from all the preparations. My family went on our annual Christmas tour of lights. Basically, this just means we drive around some ritzier neighborhoods and check out their Christmas decorations. And then we eat at Rocknes. It was a blast, but we didn't see too many phenomenal lights like we usually do. It seemed like no one decorated this year :-(

We had fun, though. Here we are at Rocknes. I thought both Julie and Luke were going to be in the picture with me. Luke ducked out at the last second, and Julie made this lovely face. My camera gets annoying at times, and I guess this is how they deal with that :-P

And here are my parents...aren't they cute? :-)

In the car I wanted to get a good picture of the three of us, since both Julie and Luke messed up the last one. So here it is:

That's Julie under the blanket back there. She thought it was hilarious. I guess it kind of was.

I finally just gave up on trying to get a good one of all three of us :-P

Anyway, we did see a few good houses tonight. Here was the one that topped them all. It was unbelievable. We go there every year.

This entire tree is completely covered with lights from top to bottom:

I snapped a picture of a few ice skaters I saw :-)
And Santa was there! (This huge Santa was a new addition this year)

The man that lives here is crazy! He hires a whole crew of people to decorate every year. These pictures don't even show half of it. It's fun to go back every year and see what has changed since the year before.

Does anyone else feel like Christmas just came out of nowhere? I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve! I have a to-do list that's about a mile long. I totally forgot that I need to frost the dozens of sugar cookies I made. I guess I have to do that tomorrow on top of all the other things I have to get done. And my deadline is 4:15...that's when I have to be at the church to warm up for the Christmas Eve program. Wish me luck, I don't know how I'm going to pull this off!

Christmas countdown: 2 days!!

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Jessica, Welcome to the world of blogging. I'm so thankful you found your way to my little spot. Congratulations and blessings on your marriage and your new home. The changes you made to that kitchen are fantastic. It's so bright and inviting. -- I've been a little overwhelmed with getting everything done by the Christmas deadline also. But the reward of seeing everyone's joy is worth the effort. Merry Christmas to you and Luke. Susan

    PS the pic of Julie under the blanket made me LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!