Sunday, December 28, 2008

Planning ahead

I decided that since I didn't send out Christmas cards this year (oops!) I should get a head start on next year! My friend JC is an amateur photographer with a really nice camera! I had him take some photos of us by our tree so I can make my own Christmas card with them for next year. How's that for planning ahead?

Have you seen the episode of Friends with the engagement picture? Chandler, normally an okay-looking guy, just can't put on a normal smile for the camera. Here is an example:
Now, I love Luke very much, and he is a very handsome guy! But he has some seriously weird smiles when he is posing for a picture (unfortunately I don't think he knows it, and I'm not going to tell him! But it's funny). You will notice the weird expressions in the following pictures.

Here are some top pics for next year's card (in no particular order):

Choice #1

Choice #2 (Luke has a funny face again :-P)

Choice #3...Let me add an explanation to this one. Originally, this was a perfect picture of me and Gabby, but Luke, once again, is making one of those weird faces. Here is the original...click on it if you can't see what I mean about the weird face:
And here is the same one, but JC photoshopped Luke's face from another picture!...probably my favorite! I just don't like the fact that you can see our shark picture frame and blu-rays in the background. Maybe I'm too picky!



And here are some bloopers:
Gabby was mid-attack...that's why I was making this face!

And some close-ups of JC's awesome photography:

Anyway, I'm glad I have a whole 11 months before I need to pick a picture and make my cards! One of my New Year's Resolutions is to stop procrastinating, and I guess I'm getting a head start!

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel! We should all start on next Christmas Dec.26. It would make life so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think he looks that weird! There is just one where he is kind of popping his eyes out a tiny bit but I think the pictures came out great! I really love the one where your hubby is holding the kitty and he's perched on your shoulder looking right at the camera, that's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke's expressions are not too weird....well, except that one where his eyes are popping out. lol. The first one is my favorite. It's good of both of you and shows your beautiful tree and stockings. Your friend is very talented. You're not being too picky either. I think the angle in the other photos is not as good. There's too much in the background that detracts from your gorgeous smiles. Enjoy getting your Christmas cards ready for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha yeah I guess he doesn't look that bad. But he just looks much better in person than he does in pictures...at least ones where he's fake-smiling. But at least we got a few good ones in there! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!