Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What I'm Cooking Wednesday: Saucy Mexican Chicken

Luke and I have been trying to save money on our groceries the past few months, which means making simple recipes with less ingredients.

Also, when I get home from work, I just want to throw something together as quickly and easily as possible. But of course I still want it to be delicious. I want the best of both worlds, I guess.

The recipe I'm going to share today was so simple, I can barely even call it a "recipe." It has 4 ingredients (3 for us, because we don't like black beans), and took about 15 minutes to prepare AND cook. The best part? It was delicious! And I think it's worth sharing for anyone out there like me who works full-time and needs something easy to fix for dinner! I give you...

I found this recipe HERE. I'm not going to type it all out here, because it was just too simple. I'll just walk you through the simple process. I didn't really measure anything out anyway :-P

First you cook some chicken in a skillet (I used about two chicken breast halves and cut them into smaller pieces).

Then you cover it with Salsa, cover the skillet, and simmer for about 5 minutes.

And then you cover it all with cheddar cheese, remove from heat, and put the lid back on until the cheese is melted.

Couldn't be easier. I served it over rice and topped it with sour cream. It was delicious! I will definitely be making this again.


4 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!