Thursday, May 26, 2011

DIY Paper Flowers

One of my New Years Resolutions this year was to complete 6 do-it-yourself projects. I have now completed 4. #1: curtains. #2: Initials in pretty frames. #3: "Bride to be" banner. And I'll be sharing number 4 today!

I had this extra frame lying around my house, and I wanted to do something with it other than just fill it with a picture. So here is what I came up with:
It makes me happy! It's perfect for spring, and feeds my recent obsession with the color yellow :-) I also love that it's so 3-dimensional. The best part was that it was extremely easy to make.

There are so many things you could do with these paper flowers! You could use them as an embellishment for almost anything: headbands, hair clips, bookmarks, pins...the possibilities are endless.

I found the tutorial at my favorite design/craft website ever: Jones Design Company. and HERE is where I found the tutorial for the flowers. PLEASE check it out...she did something so cute with the flowers!!

Next do-it-yourself project on my list to tackle? The wall stencil in my bedroom. I quit when I was halfway finished, and am now regretting my decision to ever start it. Oh well, too late now!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!