Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week in Review

Highlights:

~ On Sunday evening, I hung out at my friend Kristin's house where we made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and watched movies.

~Kristin and I have also decided to start working out together on weekdays. Our preferred activity? Swimming laps in my parents' pool. I am getting in shape and simultaneously working on my tan. And I'm so excited that I weighed in this week at 9 pounds lighter than a few months ago!! Only 11 pounds away from my goal weight now. I'm pretty excited, and hopefully I'll start to see more muscles forming from our daily laps in the pool.

~Monday night Luke went to the Indians game, so my mom invited me over for dinner. This was really nice because I was lonely and also not feeling well. We ate tortilla soup and spicy enchiladas for dinner and it was all delicious. The best part? It cleared up my sinuses :-)
Mom's pretty flowers

~Tuesday through Thursday were all sort of a blur. Last week was a rough week because my allergies were flaring up so badly, and in addition to that, I was going through some emotional things with some friends. All that put together made for a few sleepless nights. But I have a doctor's appointment for my allergies in a week, and the other situation is now worked out for the most part, so overall it was a good thing. To quote Katy Perry, "after a hurricane comes a rainbow." haha, I told ya last week that I love that song! It is basically my life anthem right now. don't judge :-P

~I went to a show with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law on Thursday night that Luke's cousin had a lead part in. She did great, and it was fun!

~Friday night we went to the movies with some friends. We went to see Cowboys and Aliens. I expected it to be horrible, but was surprisingly entertained throughout the whole movie. It was...interesting.

~Saturday was a really fun day. We spent the entire day and most of the evening at my parents' house with my sister and her new hubby, Andy. They guys worked hard all day helping my dad build a deck off the back of their house. And the girls? Well, we spent the entire day in or around the pool. We probably would have just been in the way if we had tried to help :-P It was my sister's birthday, so later in the evening we had a big steak dinner and then cake outside on Mom and Dad's new patio furniture. It was just a perfect summer day!

***

Movies I watched: The Rite (C...it was too scary for me), Charlie's Angels Full Throttle (B), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (A), and Cowboys and Aliens (B) Lots of movies this week!

Books I read: Finished Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, started Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and I'm also reading The Long-Awaited Child by Tracie Peterson. That's right, I read two books at once :-P

Favorite Picture:
Mom's flowers again, but with a filter from Instagram

Things I'm looking forward to next week: helping Julie move a few things out of her old apartment and then shopping tomorrow, softball games, and more swimming and getting in shape :-)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!