Monday, July 11, 2011

Year 3: The Memories

It's time for my annual anniversary post where I recap the year's memories with my favorite guy! To be honest this year has gone by so quickly, it's all kind of a blur in my memory. Thank goodness for blogging so I can look through and see how we spent our third year of marriage :-)

July 2010
Highlights:
-Celebrated our 2-year anniversary by going out to dinner with my parents one night to a fancy dinner at Caffe Capri
-On our actual anniversary, Luke took the day off work and we saw a matinee of Toy Story 3, ate lunch at Chili's, and spent the whole afternoon in Pittsburgh at IKEA.
-Spent a very interesting evening at The Mile Branch Grange Fair to watch pig wrestling.

Picture Memories:


August 2010
Highlights:

-August was kind of a blur. We spent lots of time at church softball games, picnics, and hanging out with friends. It was a fun way to spend the end of summer!
-We finally got rid of our lemon of a VW Passat and bought a beautiful 2007 Ford Fusion. It has been running perfectly for the past year :-)
-Grilled out a lot of summer feasts, and spent lots of fun nights together watching movies and hanging out.

Picture memories:


September 2010
Highlights:
-Spent a fun evening at Canfield Fair where we saw Jeff Dunham perform
-Took a spontaneous day trip to the Ohio State vs. Ohio University game at the 'Shoe
-Simply enjoyed fall together and all the wonderfulness that it brings :-)

Picture Memories:

October 2010
Highlights:
-Luke gave me a super early birthday present, which was a new phone!
-This month was a blur too, but I know we spent it enjoying fall again (it is my favorite time of year!) and eating lots of soups and appley and pumpkiny things.
-Had a pumpkin-carving date night!
-Went to a Cavs game on Halloween weekend.

Picture Memories:


November 2010
Highlights:
(a fun, busy, and wonderful month!)
-Luke had to have surgery on his ear. I tried to help doctor him back to health for a week :-)
-I turned 26 and we celebrated with my family with pizza and a second viewing of Toy Story 3 (another gift from Luke).
- Had a fun movie-and-dinner date night
-Had a horrible experience where we bought a couch and it didn't fit in our entryway! I've never seen Luke so mad :-P Oh well, ya live and ya learn!
-Eventually found a couch that DID fit in our doorway, and I'm still in love with it :-)
-Had the best Thanksgiving I can remember in awhile complete with lots of family time, and staying up until 3:00 AM to watch Home Alone 2. Because we are 8.
-Bought and put up our Christmas tree on the day after Thanksgiving (a tradition) while we watched Christmas Vacation. The Christmas season starts early in our house :-)
-Went to our annual Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert to ring in the Christmas season the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Picture memories:


December 2010
Highlights:

-Had a fun date night where we had dinner and shopped for white elephant gifts for multiple parties
-Had fun doing Christmasy things, listening to Christmasy music, watching Christmasy movies, and eating Christmasy treats all month :-)
- For some reason, this memory sticks out in my head a lot when I think of last December: Luke and I became obsessed with 30 Rock and would watch it on Netflix every spare minute we had (which really wasn't much). I think 30 Rock will forever make me think of Christmas!
- Spent a wonderful Christmas going all over the place to visit family as usual. Luke surprised me with a new coffee table and end tables that he had made! They are beautiful and I will love them forever. So special.
-Sadly, we spent the remainder of the month of December apart because Luke left the day after Christmas to lead worship at a young adult conference in Colorado Springs. So I spent the week at my parents' house. We talked on the phone and texted a lot while he was gone.

Picture memories:


January 2011
Highlights:
-Luke returned home from his trip on January 2. It had been a hard New Years Eve without him, so I was so excited when he got home!
- Spent a date night out shopping, spending gift cards we had gotten for Christmas. Always a fun time :-)
- Spent an amazing, amazing week in Arizona, seeing the sights and visiting Luke's grandparents. It was so sad to return to snowy Ohio!
-Came out of hibernation one morning to go out on a breakfast date. We only do this a couple of times a year, so it's always a treat :-)

Picture Memories:


February 2011
Highlights:
-After a really exciting three months, February was boring. Ooooh, was it boring. It never stopped snowing :-P I think I had 4 or 5 snow days in February alone. So we spent a lot of time at home trying to stay warm and cozy, and praying that time would move faster :-P
-The only memory that sticks out was a fun Valentines date night. We went out to dinner at Grinders, and then headed to Canton to see a 3D movie (can't even remember what the movie was :-P)
-We went to an Ohio State basketball game one night with JC. We ate at Raising Cane's, so that was probably the highlight of my night :-P

Picture Memories:


March 2011
Highlights:

-March was as boring as February. It rained or snowed pretty much the entire month. Literally, nothing sticks out in my mind. I didn't even blog about anything interesting. I think we just mainly stayed in the living room, hibernating and watching TV and movies together, again wishing time would speed up. This is the absolute worst winter and spring weather-wise I can ever remember in my life. It was disgusting.
-We did keep Max the dog for a week. That was fun :-)

Picture Memories:


April 2011
Highlights
-We enjoyed many fun Monday nights with our connect group! This was a new venture for us as we led and hosted it. I miss them now that our group doesn't meet anymore.
-Luke played his drums during the very first worship service in our church's new sanctuary! It was an awesome night!
-Spent a rainy Easter Sunday with family as usual. We came home early and began our obsession with How I Met Your Mother that night. We literally watched it for like 5 or 6 hours straight, I think :-P

Picture Memories:

May 2011
Highlights:
-Celebrated Luke's 27th birthday at his parents' house with cake and ice cream
-I was so busy with my sister's graduation festivities and bridal shower that I unforunately wasn't able to spend as much time with Luke as normal. But we did have a fun Memorial Day weekend together! We spent Sunday at a picnic at his parents' house, and Monday at a bonfire at my parents' house.

Picture Memories:


June and a little July 2011
Highlights:

-Since Luke's work schedule is crazy right now, Sunday night has sort of unofficially become movie night for us, and I have so enjoyed the time spent together!
-Took Luke's dad out to an Indians game on fireworks night with the whole family.
- I had so much fun at my sister's wedding and reception, and even with the craziness and business of the night, was able to save a few dances for my man (despite his protests :-P)
-We spent the Saturday before the 4th of July at a fish fry at Luke's aunt and uncles house. Then we spent the actual 4th of July out on a date to dinner and a movie. I loved it!

Picture memories:

Honestly, Luke and I have gone through some difficult things this year, but looking back through the pictures and memories I realize that we had so many fun blessings anyway! It really was a great and growing year for us. I think next year might be a little crazier though, with all the changes of me going back to school and everything! As I say every year, I'm excited to see where we are in a year :-)

***
{Year 1}
{Year 2}


3 comments:

  1. Congrats on 3 years!!! :) Blessings to your marriage and family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 3-year mark! Good to hear about marriages that are still going strong. I've been keeping up on twitter (meremere7890) and sounds like y'all had a fun weekend! Happy Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your relationship truly inspires me. Im so happy you guys have had such a great year. To many many more for you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!