Baby girl is almost a foot long (10-11 inches) and probably weighs about a pound now. It's hard to tell with this flowy shirt, but I've definitely "popped" a bit in the past week or two, and last Sunday, someone looked at my stomach and said, "Oh, I didn't know you were expecting!" So apparently it is now evident to the outside world that I am pregnant. I do still believe that that was a brave comment, because I'm pretty sure I looked this big back before I was pregnant after a big meal. Ha!
Two weeks ago, I wrote that I was feeling Scarlett a lot on the inside, but I hadn't felt her from the outside yet. A few hours after I wrote that post, I was laying down to take my Sunday afternoon nap, and girlfriend decided to have a dance party. I put my hand on my stomach, and felt her from the outside for the first time! Since then I have felt her with my hand many more times, but Luke has yet to feel it. The timing just hasn't been right yet, but I'm sure it will happen soon!
- Extreme hunger. I keep telling Luke that Scarlett must be a little vacuum that sucks up everything I eat! I've been snacking a lot, and trying to eat healthy foods. This past week I've been loving cucumbers and peppers in Ranch dressing, and I cannot get enough edamame beans. I have to admit that some snacks have involved thin mints, ice cream, or hot cocoa too.
- Extreme weepiness. I don't know how else to describe it. I thought this symptom would get better after the first trimester, but just in the past week or two, it has been worse than I could imagine. It doesn't take much for me to cry, and when I do, there is a snowball effect, and I think of all kinds of sad things, and before I know it I'm bawling to the point of exhaustion. It really feels like it is a physiological thing, not so much an emotional thing, and something my body needs to do as an outlet for all of these hormones. Does that even make sense?
- Pretty much anything I get my mind on, especially:
- Nothing new here...I'm just trying not to eat everything in sight.
- We started our registry last week. We've decided to do most of it through Amazon, so I've just been researching like crazy during my free time, and adding carefully selected items. We are going to register at Babies R Us too, but I think Luke is seriously dreading that!
- Our old office is going to be turned into Scarlett's nursery. It was full of my school things and therapy materials, and other random junk. It had become the "catch-all" room. But I spent the majority of last week cleaning it out, and other than a few large items, we are ready to start painting and working! I started setting up Scarlett's closet too, and I open it just to stare at the tiny clothes and daydream at least 2-3 times a day!
Even the tiny hangers are too cute for me to handle!
Exciting things are happening! Next time I write I will have gotten another look at Scarlett because I have an ultrasound coming up! I can't wait to see her again, and I pray that she is still healthy and thriving!