Monday, March 11, 2013

DIY Framed Silhouette

I have decided to continue doing pregnancy updates every other week because not much changes week to week now that I'm further along, so I will have the next one posted in a week.

***

I am currently coming down off of the high that was the weekend.  Saturday and Sunday it was beautiful and sunny!  and so warm!  It's still warm today, but it's supposed to cool down soon, so I'm trying not to get too bummed.

Anyway, my weekend was great!  I feel like I've kind of been in a funk all winter thanks to the winter blues and lack of sunshine and Vitamin D. So this weekend was a nice change!  On Friday night Luke went to the Cavs game, so I went to Chipotle and to see the new Oz movie with my parents.  We loved it!  Definitely worth seeing in 3D.


And then I spent the day Saturday shopping with my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law.  We went to Hobby Lobby, and I bought some things for a few nursery projects I've been wanting to do.  

The first project I've tackled is a framed animal silhouette.  It was a very simple DIY project, and took me about 10 minutes from start to finish.  I simply bought 2 different patterns of scrapbook paper that complimented one another - one for the background and one for the silhouette.  I googled the silhouette of a bird that I liked, printed it, cut it out, traced it onto one piece of scrapbook paper, cut that out, glued it onto the background paper, and framed it.  And just like that, Scarlett's first nursery project was complete!


I think we're doing mostly yellow and gray and maybe a little blue in the nursery, so I thought this was perfect.  It was an easy little project, and could be done with a silhouette of just about anything. 

It feels good to have one project completed.  Never mind that we have to completely clean out the future nursery, replace the carpet and light fixture, prime and paint the walls, buy furniture, organize her closet....etc.  I'm happily in denial about the amount of work that needs to be done now that my first cutesy project is done!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!