I seriously thought about cropping my face out. Hello, swelling! I just don't feel like I look like myself these days.
And here is the comparison shot. Which, honestly, I don't see much of a difference between the weeks! I think maybe she hasn't spread OUT much, but she's spread UP and BACK a lot. I feel limbs in my ribs these days that weren't there until recently. At my last appointment, my doctor said, "Wow, she's way up in those ribs!" I guess that's what we short-torsoed people have to deal with!
Thanks to my Dysphagia class, I know that a baby's swallow is functional on the outside around 34 weeks! So she probably wouldn't need to be on a feeding tube no matter when she's born from here on out. Her lungs still need to develop a bit more, and she needs to add a bit of fat to her bones, so she can stay put for a few more weeks!
Weekly doctor's appointments start next week! It's almost go time!
- Heartburn is back, but it's not unbearable. Just annoying!
- Strawberries and watermelon
- Still burgers.
- I had my first shower last Saturday (blogged about here). It was beautiful! And I have another shower coming up this Saturday. We feel so blessed!
- The nursery is just about complete, minus the curtains. I'll probably do a whole nursery post next week after our curtains come in and after my shower. Here is a sneak peak though:
- We leave in about an hour for our hospital visit! I am kind of afraid I'm going to freak out and start panicking when I get there and see the delivery rooms. It's going to seem so real! But at the same time, I feel like I'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief to know how to get there, where to park, and what to expect.
- After our shower last Saturday, my sister-in-law used her nice camera to take a few pictures of us since we aren't getting formal "maternity photos." they turned out so nice! Here are a couple of my favorites:
Next bumpdate, I will be 1 week away from full term! I finish up my last class this Thursday, and after that and my shower, I am going to feel so ready!