Monday, June 24, 2013

Scarlett's Nursery

I have had quite an interesting day today. I had my weekly doctor's appointment, and it turns out that I was measuring a bit small after being right on track the entire pregnancy thus far.  After doing an ultrasound (which my sister, who just happened to come with me to my appointment at the last minute got to see) they decided that Scarlett's belly looked a little small, and as a precautionary measure, I have been put on bed rest, and have a non stress test scheduled for Thursday.  Honestly, I have no idea what bed rest is going to do to help the situation, but I don't want to take any chances!  I'm just glad it's nothing major, and I was terrified they were going to tell me I'd have to be induced. So this is much better than that.  However, it does kind of stink not to be able to give in to my nesting urges for the next little while.  I am glad that I don't have a whole lot left on the to-do list before she gets here!

I'm also very, very glad that Luke and I basically finished the nursery over the weekend!  So I made a quick video tour and posted a few pictures of her little room.  I didn't really have a theme.  I just wanted it to be light, girly, and a little bit whimsical with maybe a touch of a vintage feel.  I like how it turned out, and I can't wait until she's here to enjoy it!




A couple corrections:  
*I didn't get the curtains at Target, my mom got them at Target.  They were a gift from her. 
*I meant "outlet cover" when I said "switch plate cover"
*Sorry I sound so out of breath.  My allergies have been acting up lately (for the first time in a year!), and that plus the fact that my lungs can't expand as much as normal thanks to the 5 lb baby I'm carrying, make me short of breath a lot.

Here are some pictures of the details:












3 comments:

  1. Love the decals and prints! ADORABLE! Rest up my friend!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful nursery!! i love it! and praying that you're able to rest and baby scarlett stays strong and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name you have chosen for your precious baby girl. Her room is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!