Sunday, July 7, 2013

38 Week Bumpdate

The Bump

Sorry for the out-of-focus picture.  It's hard to focus on myself using the timer on my new camera. Maybe I'll get the hang of it during my next pregnancy, because I hope this will be my last bumpdate!

A few people have told me they think I've dropped this week, but looking at the pictures, I just don't see much difference.  It's really hard to tell since I have such a short torso, and she is definitely not a "basketball baby."  Meaning, I got a big, swollen, round belly (and everything else) instead of just a little "basketball" in the womb. Also, totally unrelated, but please note that my arms look a little less ghostly this week.  I'm proud of my little tan!  

Milestones:
I'm a week past term, which means she could come any time!  I have to keep reminding myself that she's getting bigger and stronger every day she stays put, so it's probably a good thing she waits until as close to her due date as possible.  Even though I'm dying to meet her!

I have an ultrasound tomorrow to make sure she's grown in the past two weeks.  If she hasn't, they will induce me, so we could have a baby this week!  ...But I really think she's totally healthy and growing in there, so I'm not anticipating that that will happen.

Scarlett has passed all of her non stress tests with flying colors, which is another reason I think everything's fine with her.  Her heart rate has been great, and she is moving almost constantly (except when someone tries to feel her.  She must be shy like her mom!) 

Symptoms:
  • Lots of contractions -- probably Braxton Hicks, but I have a few each day that sort of stop me in my tracks with a radiating pain through my lower back.  I hope this doesn't mean I'll have back labor!  But I hope it does mean that they have helped me progress a bit.  I will find out at my appointment tomorrow!
  • Swelling.  I can't wait to get my normal feel and ankles back!  I definitely think this symptom would not be so bad during a different time of year.  The humidity does not help.
  • Slight nausea has returned every once in awhile if I get too hungry, or eat too much.
Cravings:
  • I have lost my appetite a bit, but watermelon still sounds really good, just about all the time
  • Also, Chipotle.  Always Chipotle.
Fun Stuff:
  • My hospital bag has been packed for a week, and so has Scarlett's.  Luke is the only one who is slacking, I guess.  
  • Our car seat has been installed, which freaks me out a bit every time I catch a glimpse of it in my rear view mirror.
I'm going to be honest:  if this isn't my last "bumpdate," I will be a little bummed.  I don't want her to come too early, but I am so anxious to meet her!  This whole pregnancy has flown by until the last 2 or 3 weeks.  All of a sudden, time just seemed to stop.  I am so ready for this!  Or at least, I'm as ready as I'm ever going to be!

1 comment:

  1. You look great! But I have a question - what is it with Chipotle? All my friends who've had babies in the last year LOVED that place. I think it's pretty good, but could NOT eat it as often as my pregnant friends! I'm so excited for you guys! Praying for comfortable days leading up to her arrival. And as pleasant as possible labor and delivery!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!