Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Fourth!


Luke and I spent the day at a picnic at his parents' house today for the Fourth.  We had fun celebrating and hanging out!  At almost nine months pregnant and swollen like a balloon, it was a little difficult to participate in all the fun.  Like playing Can Jam...

...Or shooting water balloons with the water balloon launcher


 Eating, though?  That was something this pregnant lady could get behind!  We had delicious burgers and sweet corn, and Luke's sister Diana made the beautiful cake pictured at the top of this post.  It got even better when she cut into it:
Is that not the coolest cake?  So festive!  Total Pinterest material.  


We also enjoyed homemade chocolate ice cream that tasted just like a Frosty.  Be still my pregnant heart.

We've had about a 50% chance of rain just about every day this summer. So it decided to spit a little rain a few times today, but overall it was beautiful!  I had fun getting a little more practice with my camera thanks to my in-laws' beautiful flowers:


I even got a little brave and tried it in manual focus mode in the picture below.  I'm going to have to get more comfortable using it more often, because I love the way this one turned out! 

It was a great afternoon celebrating our country's birthday!  It's nice to come together for a day every year and forget differing opinions on politics, and just celebrate the country we live in, and our freedom!  

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great Fourth! I agree it's a great day to come together as a country, politics aside!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!