My blogging break has officially come to an end! I have missed it and all of you, but a little break was nice, too! I cannot wait to catch up on all of your blogs in the next few days...I feel so completely out-of-the-loop!
So anyway, here is what I was doing during my week-long break:
- I watched insane amounts of the 17/18/19 Kids and Counting reruns that have been hangin out in my DVR for a long time now. My interest in the Duggars has almost become an obsession. I'm creepy, I guess.
- Ate a giant Bob Evans breakfast with Luke on Good Friday morning. This is becoming a yearly tradition
- Experienced temperatures in the 80s for most of the long weekend!!
- Took a walk in the park, all by myself on Friday because I was in town and the weather was just beautiful. I tried to take some nice pictures of the lake, but the muddy water pretty much ruined any chance of them turning out looking pretty.
- Spent a busy day Saturday shopping with my mom and sister, and then going out to dinner with Luke's family.
- Lost our internet access for about 48 hours. I'm so glad this happened during my blogging break so that I did not have a nervous breakdown or anything like that :-P
- Read the Nicholas Sparks book "The Last Song." Bawled my eyes out.
- Worshiped at church on Sunday morning...He is risen!
- Ate until I couldn't move on Easter Sunday. We had lunch at my grandparents' house, and dinner at Luke's parents' house.
- Got to wear my new pink (coral?) dress on Easter, and posed for a picture with this good-lookin' guy ;-) Realized this dress may just look better on me when I'm pregnant. It looks like a maternity dress :-P
- Played a new board game called "Ticket to Ride." My s.i.l brought it over on Sunday night to play after our Easter dinner. It was completely addicting, and I played it twice. Have you played it? It's a lot of fun!!
- Went out with my mom and our friend Cookie on Monday, my last day of break. We ate breakfast at Denny's, because apparently I needed ever MORE food after The Great Feast(s) of Easter Sunday 2010.
- After Denny's, went to see "The Last Song" with Mom and Cookie. Bawled my eyes out. Again. The movie was good, and the book was better!
- Mom bought me a "Phantom of the Opera" music book for my violin. I played the music for 2 hours on Monday. Tuesday, my instructor said he noticed I was playing better! I guess I just needed some more interesting music to get me inspired. "Three Blind Mice" and "All Around the Mulberry Bush" just weren't doing anything for me, I guess :-P
- GOT OUR CAR BACK!!!! I haven't written about it here, but our car has been BACK in the shop since January or February. Last fall it was in the shop from October - December having the engine rebuilt, and after that, the turbo charger went bad, so it was back in the shop for most of the winter and half of the spring. Yes, it has been a trying year for us because of this, and with all the money we have spent on repairs, we could have bought another car, more expensive than the first. I haven't written about this next set of repairs because I like to keep this blog somewhat upbeat. But praise God that it's back! If something else goes wrong, I told Luke I'm becoming Amish so I don't have to drive a car. So if I abruptly quit writing in this blog, you'll know why...since I will no longer be using electricity :-P
- Watched the earth transform from it's winter-self into it's spring-self. Seriously, it pretty much happened in the last 7 days
- Went back to work yesterday since our wonderful school district gives us a whole four days off for spring break. That includes 2 weekend days.
- Attended a coupon class tonight and have been introduced to a whole new world. I feel like I have just attended a cult meeting and have been completely brainwashed :-P Be looking for a post devoted to the coupon-cutting world in the near future :-)
Aaaand, I think that's pretty much it! The past seven days in a nutshell. A rather large nutshell, I admit. We all know I tend to be pretty wordy!
I am so glad to be back! Although, like I said, the break was great, too. I got so much done, and am completely re-inspired for new blog posts! Be looking for comments from me going back through the past week...I don't want to miss anything!