Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Date Night 10: Valentines Date Night

Luke and I had our Valentines date last night. The past two years I've cooked a big dinner for Valentines Day. This year we decided to go out to dinner instead, and I can't even begin to tell you how much I preferred that! I love making big meals for Luke because I feel like that's one way to show him that I love him, but at the same time, it is a little stressful and takes a lot of time. Last night since we went out, we could both just relax and enjoy our evening together!

First we went out to eat at Grinders. We got there somewhat early, and got a table right away! I was a little nervous because I thought the crowds might be bad, but they weren't at all! I ordered a chicken fajita wrap with fries, and Luke ordered his usual potato skins. We had a nice time talking and enjoying our food.

After dinner, we went to the movie theater. We couldn't remember whose turn it was to pick the date because we had gone out a few times the week before and we weren't sure if we were technically calling those "date nights" or not. Haha! So I let Luke pick the movie. He picked Sanctum

This was not the most romantic date movie. It was about a bunch of people who get stuck in a cave and can't find their way out. It's not really scary, but it's very suspenseful. I have nightmares all the time about water: that I get stuck out in the water and can't find the shore or that I go underwater and get all turned around and can't find the surface (I wonder what that means, by the way!) So [slight spoiler alert] I basically almost had a panic attack during some of the scenes where people got caught underwater and couldn't find a way out. Not exactly romantic :-P But I guess it was a good movie anyway, even though I didn't particularly enjoy the subject matter!

When we got home, we exchanged Valentines gifts. I had gotten Luke a blu ray and chocolate-covered pretzels, and he got me lots of chocolate. This is our seventh Valentines Day together, and I guess in all those years, Luke has figured out that he can't go wrong with chocolate!! Especially dark chocolate and Reeses :-)
After that, we fell asleep on the couch at around 10, I think. We are turning into such old people!! Haha

Anyway, I love Valentines Day, and I'm so happy to get to spend another one with Luke. I sure do love him!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!