Saturday, September 1, 2012

Life is Good.

I'm not much of a Saturday blogger, but I am overwhelmed with Thankfulness this morning, and my heart is overflowing with the realization that life is so good.

I was up until 2 AM last night, pinning therapy ideas and reading SLP blogs.  I begin therapy on about 11 kiddos next week!  The first two weeks my supervisor will write lesson plans for me, but after that I'm on my own.  Am I nervous?  A bit.  But mostly I'm excited.  I had so much fun scanning through the students' goals and then finding fun therapy activities to use to address them.  I couldn't pull myself away!  I am so thankful for the enthusiasm that God has placed in my heart for this field.  I honestly never felt this way during my undergrad education classes, and I always felt apprehensive and doubtful.  I kept that secret for years, and felt very ashamed of it.  But God is using it all for His plan, and it's amazing to see that plan coming to fruition!

...And then I woke up late this morning, with my little baby Ellie snuggling close to me.  I lazily got up and spent some more time on Pinterest, and then had some coffee and blog-reading time.  All while The Ohio State Marching band rang from our living rooms speakers.  It is game day and we are getting ready!




Later, I'm going to dig through the piles in the basement to find all of my fall decorations.  It's September 1, and that means it's time to decorate!  I'm going to do that while Luke watches the game.

And we still have three days of the weekend left!  Days that will be filled with relaxing, fall scented candles, parties, friends, and probably homework too.

To top it all off, there is a dishwasher sitting in the middle of my kitchen, waiting to be installed!  Luke used some bonus  money to buy it, and surprised me with it.  He said, "I think you deserve it, and we need it because we will both be so busy...."  "You deserve it...."  Those words meant as much to me as the dishwasher itself!  I am lucky to have such a thoughtful husband who loves to surprise me!  And my life just got so much easier with one kitchen appliance.

Sometimes I have a moment when God opens my eyes and lets me see how beautiful everything is.  And I'm having one of those right now.  My prayer is that He would do the same for you today!

2 comments:

  1. How encouraging!! God really is SO faithful even every single intricate detail! Amen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!