Friday, August 31, 2012

August Photo Journal

Today was day 3 of my dinosaur class in Akron.  I really did choose a school with a beautiful campus!  I had to snap a picture on the way to class.


I filled some of my first Etsy orders today!


 My grandpa planted some Dahlias for us this summer. I didn't know if they'd make it with the dry weather we've had, but today they are blooming and looking beautiful!

We spent the evening with friends, pizza, and the Olympics tonight.  Luke was trying to get Elin to warm up to him here.  I'm not sure if it worked or not...

Tonight was the church picnic and baptism.  It was a great night, as always.  Elin was looking so cute, I had to take her picture.


This weekend is wedding weekend!  Tonight I tried my shoes on and practiced walking in them a bit.  It's been a long time since I've worn heels!

This afternoon I was relaxing and enjoying the porch when I noticed I had a little creeper spying on me from inside...

Luke had softball games tonight.  The weather was strange. It couldn't decide if it wanted to storm or stay sunny.  The result was this beautiful sky that appeared when we got home.


I spent about 7 hours at Lindsey's (the bride's) parents' house this evening working on wedding details.  I spent a lot of time making these pinwheels.  It was fun, and I'm so excited about the big day on Saturday!


Tonight was Lindsey and Richard's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.   The dinner was held at a rustic lodge, and was catered with Bolivian food since Richard grew up as a missionary kid in Bolivia.  It was delicious, and we had a beautiful, chilly evening.  I thought the reflection of the clouds on the lake outside the lodge was breathtaking. 


Today was the big day!  Lindsey was beautiful, and so was the ceremony and reception hall.  I was so excited to stand with my friend on this special day!


I'm just spending the day today relaxing and recovering from this busy weekend!

I tried a new Essie color today.  It's very pink.  I will just have to wear it on days when I'm feeling extra girly.

 I've been busy checking items off of my to-do list for grad school. I can't believe it begins in less than two weeks!  I'm starting to feel a little nervous, but so excited at the same time!

Glass bottles on my mantle.  love.

I printed this message on my chalkboard today, because I need this reminder daily.  Life is good!

When Gabby's in a rare, good mood, she rolls back and forth on the carpet and stretches out like she owns the place.  It's super adorable.  And yes, we are aware that she's obese.

Tonight Luke and I had a date night!  We went to Carrabba's, and then to see The Dark Knight Rises.  I gave myself a little mani-pedi before the evening.  Nothing makes me feel girlier than a fresh coat of nail polish!

Today we went to a family reunion!  Lilly was being adorable as usual, so I had to snag this picture of her and Di.

I know this picture is boring, but I set up my study area today!  I am ready for grad school to commence.

 This picture is terribly blurry, but I was busy filling an Etsy order today!  I wasn't sure if anyone would buy these simple white flower headbands, but they seem to be my most popular item.

Today I went school shopping.  You are never too old for that, right?

It was day one of orientations for grad school today!  I needed a break and a little cuddle time after a day full of information and guidelines.  Ellie happily obliged.  It's good to know she loves me!

What a fun day!  I spent it out shopping (and eating!) with my aunt and grandma.  Then I went to a 31 Bits jewelry party at my friend Rachel's house. I bought this beautiful necklace, and the proceeds will go to help women in Uganda!  Win-win.

I've got some kind of faux-nesting effect going on this weekend.  I'm not pregnant, but I do know that my life is about to get crazy with grad school starting next week!  So I spent the weekend cleaning and beautifying my house. This included setting up these new K-cup holders I bought for $1 at Target.  If I could move in to Target, I probably would.

Today we celebrated Dad's birthday!  Julie and Andy came down to celebrate, and they of course brought Oopa.  We say she looks more like a Muppet than a dog.

My head is spinning today! All the new speech-language pathology students had our orientation today.  It lasted all day, and was totally overwhelming.  But my heart is happy, and I feel totally ready to begin.  This is a boring picture, but I wanted one that would represent this exciting week!

Well, I survived my first day of classes!  And they were great.  I came home, and couldn't find Ellie.  It turns out she found a new hiding place: this awkward shelf area between the living room and kitchen.  My mom and I made curtains to put there so it would be hidden (finally) over the weekend.  I guess Ellie likes to be hidden from Gabby!  I'm going to have to move our towels to a higher shelf...

The only "picture" I got today was this screen shot. I don't know if it technically counts as a picture or not, but I'm counting it.  I just had to rub it in to Luke that I got invited to hang out with Jim Tressel, who now works at UA.  


My human brain coloring book came in the mail today!  We get to color some of these pages for extra credit in my ABI class.  I think I'm going to like this grad school thing!

I have Fridays off this semester!  But I thought I should spend today working on a little school work.  I took advantage of the summer weather and set up a little study area on my front porch.  Brain coloring book: check.  Coloring utensils: Check.  Iced coffee: Check.  Parks and Rec on my laptop: Check.  Perfection.

And that concludes my photo journal for August.  That's what I've decided to call these posts: photo journals.  Because calling it Project 365 is just too much pressure!  I've already failed at that twice.  

Dear September,
Bring it on!  I can't wait to fill your dates with pictures of fall candles, pumpkins, pumpkin spice lattes, and more miscellaneous school stuff.  

1 comment:

  1. Every time I read your monthly recap posts I am so jealous of your ability to remember to take pictures throughout so you have a good reminder of everything that happened. I've already forgotten half of what I've done in August. Maybe I'll do better in September :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!