Thursday, March 18, 2010

Can we Fast Forward to Summer?

Lately it has been warm(ish)!!! I think it's safe to say that we are basically done with the ugly white stuff that has plagued us for so much of the winter. Last week the last bit of the nasty dirty snow finally melted. We have passed the time-change, so we have a lot more daylight in the evenings. It has been beautiful and sunny most of this week, and in the 50s/60s. I really am extremely excited! However, I would be even more excited if we could just skip this whole spring season and jump right to summer.

Knowing that we have come through almost 7 months of the school year is a great feeling. Yet also knowing that there are between 2 and 3 months left is hard. 11 weeks seems like an eternity to me right now. I'm right at the point where I feel a little burned out (as do most of the teachers at my school honestly) and I'm just ready for summer. I would love it if the muddy mess and naked trees that we have in March, would turn into the beauty that arrives sometime in May. I'd like it to happen right now, please :-P

Spring has never been my favorite season. I love summer, and I love fall even more. I HATE winter, and I pretty much hate spring, too. Mostly because it takes FOREVER for it to actually FEEL like spring. Usually by about the last week of April or first week of May it feels like spring, and we start seeing some flowers bloom. I just can't wait for that time. I especially can't wait until June...more specifically June 4, because that is my last day of work before summer. Trust me when I say that teachers need some down time. We would all be psycho people and probably serial killers if we didn't get a break. Especially the kindergarten teachers among us! I realize that sounds horrible, but if you haven't been there, you wouldn't understand :-P

On a positive note, it has been a beautiful week, and is supposed to be 67 degrees tomorrow. Also, Saturday is the first day I get to sleep in in about a month. I am probably a little more excited about this than I should be, and I will probably cry if my natural body clock wakes me up at 5:50 like ever other day, and I can't go back to sleep!! Don't you hate that!?

Although I still have to work tomorrow, I feel like I started the weekend off a little early by going out for Mexican tonight with my family. It was delicious, and just what I needed after an endless, frustrating day at work. Here is my sister sitting in the giant chair outside our favorite Mexican place
***********************

Have a great weekend! And if you're a teacher, we've almost made it! The school year is like a marathon, and we are nearing the end. We are weary, tired, and barely able to keep moving. But knowing we are almost there will be our motivation to make it to the end!

(I really do like my job. I'm just having a particularly frustrating week, and am feeling that itch for summer. Like I said, I'm sure any fellow teachers know exactly where I'm coming from!)

6 comments:

  1. I love this post. I teach second grade and March is the LONGEST month! I can't wait for summer. I'm right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for SURE on the whole we'd turn into "pyscho people and probably serial killers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" That is a FACT!

    I know it's nearing the end. We only have 8 weeks left until summer vacation, but it feels more like 80. :) You know what I mean.

    Anyway, I'm glad it has been nice weather for you. The last 2 days have been nice here (47 yesterday & 54 today) HOWEVER...tomorrow's forecast is 33 with rain/snow and STRONG WIND!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that will make for a fun day, huh?!?! ;)

    Oh well, it's FRIDAY which things all the better!

    Hang in there. Thanks for venting and allowing me to vent in your comment section. It's always nice to be able to chat with others who KNOW what you're going through...because like you said, if they haven't experienced it ~~~ they have NOOOOOOO idea what it's like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuor school calendar ear will be over before you know it! Enjoy it!!! It's almost FRIDAY!!! yay!! I am happy about that!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet Mexican food was the perfect thing to have during your stressful week! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We always seem to be in sync with our school schedules! I'm having that same feeling..that push to the end...that frustrating time! Ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know its different when you are a teacher, but as a student I'm definitely feeling that same itch for SUMMER! Thanks for writing =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!