Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week in Review: Last Week of School!

Sunday 5/29 - I spent the afternoon making cookies and then Luke and I went to a Memorial Day picnic at his parents' house. His whole family was there. We had a delicious dinner, hung out, and played games for the rest of the evening. Then Luke and I came home and watched a movie.

Monday 5/30 - I spent most of the day on Memorial Day working outside, pulling weeds and cleaning things up. In the evening my parents invited us over for a bonfire where we had hot dogs and other delicious foods, including brownies and strawberry shortcake. We stayed we too late talking with my family.

Tuesday 5/31 - Back to work this day. I had a quick doctor's appointment, and then came home and relaxed for most of the evening, watching Monday night's episode of The Bachelorette.

Wednesday 6/1 - Once again, I don't really remember what I did on Wednesday! I need to write these posts during the week so I don't forget :-P

Thursday 6/2 - I had another quick doctor's appointment, and then spent the rest of the evening getting ready for the last day of school. Also, Max the dog came this night since his owners are going on vacation. We will have him until next Saturday.


Friday 6/3 - This was the last day of school. It was a very bittersweet day, because I won't be returning next year. I spent most of the day watching kids out on recess while their teachers cleaned out their classrooms since mine was already done. I got some very strange sunburn lines, but really enjoyed the day visiting with other teachers who were outside. It was a long day because all the teachers had to stay for two additional hours. So once I got home, I kind of crashed for the rest of the evening. I must be getting old if that is how I spend my Friday nights.

Saturday 6/4 - I spent the morning at the church library once again because the grand opening is Sunday! Then I went out shopping for wedding stuff for most of the day with Mom and Julie. We had lunch at Five Guys, and it was all around a fun day! Later in the evening, Luke and I went out with our friends Marc and Brandi. We went to Best Buy and Barnes and Noble, and then went to the dollar theater to see Insidious. Oh my goodness, I may never sleep again. I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to watch it...peer pressure I guess :-P Other than the scary movie, it was a fun little double date :-)


Milestones this week: Finished up my fourth and final year in the same school district.

Movies I watched: Insidious (B...it was a good movie, but way too scary for me)

Books I'm reading: Ugh, still Here Burns my Candle by Liz Curtis Higgs.

Songs I'm loving: Fall Into Me - Emerson Drive

Favorite Picture:
What can I say? Shopping with my sister is never boring :-P


Things I'm looking forward to next week: The beginning of summer!! And Julie's bachelorette party!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing up your school year! Cant wait to hear whats next for you friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you leaving your job? Did you get another one?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!