Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July

I decided to join in with Lemonade Makin' Mama again, and keep a photo journal this month.  Link up here to share your photos of July!

I spent today on the couch watching Netflix.  It was too hot to go outside, and all my chores were done around the house, so it was a lazy Sunday at its finest. Gabby even joined me for a rare cuddle!


Tonight was the perfect summer evening.  It started out with swimming at Mom and Dad's with friends, continued with two softball games, and ended with a Snickers Blizzard.  See? Perfection.

Today we began our 4th of July celebrations.  We spent some time with Luke's family around their campfire, and then had a fun campout with friends!  We spent half the night listening to tornado sirens and huddling in a basement, but that just made it a night we'll never forget.

Today the world has calmed down after the storms.  We had a peaceful morning, fishing and watching Little Man discover swimming for the first time.  I wish I could freeze time on mornings like these.

Today I had a delicious salad for lunch, made from fresh lettuce from my friend Rachel's garden.  Yum!  It was hot today -- in the upper 90s again, and we took advantage of Mom and Dad's pool in the evening with friends.  It was fun, and even though I was in kind of a melancholy mood this evening, I tried to snap out of it and enjoy myself.
This picture was taken on the way home from Pittsburgh with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law.  We spent the day shopping at Ikea, home goods, and Kirklands.  Sometimes a girl just needs a little retail therapy!
After some freak storms this afternoon, the clouds parted and the sun came out.  Since temperatures were getting up into the triple digits again, we spent most of the afternoon and evening splashing around in the pool with a bunch of friends. 
Today was a date day!  Luke and I had fun going out to lunch, shopping, seeing a movie (Spider-Man...it was awesome) and having a treat at Menchies before heading home.  

Tonight was a pretty typical summer evening, filled with softball games in the blazing sun.  Unfortunately, Luke's team lost tonight, but Luke had some great hits and some great plays!  I always love watching him play.  


 I took a time out from housework to enjoy some of the little things today: a cup of coffee, and a chapter of a good book. 


 I spent part of this afternoon baking up some treats for Luke.  Tomorrow is our anniversary!

Our 4-year anniversary is here! Today was a busy day, but I gave Luke his Rolo-pretzel treats, and he brought home a dozen red roses for me.  I made chicken stir-fry, one of our favorite meals for dinner.  And we were able to spend a bit of quality time together.  Luckily, we have a whole day planned out together for tomorrow...

I loved our day together at Presque Isle!

Today is Luke's grandma's birthday.  We ate dinner with the whole family at Mark's Landing on Guilford Lake to celebrate.

We had more family time today at Luke's aunt and uncle's house for a fish fry!  We spent the entire afternoon playing Mexican Train.
I worked on the computer for a big chunk of the afternoon today.  Ellie jumped up on my lap and took a nap...I am her favorite pillow.  
This week I started the "She Reads Truth" study on prayer.  I've been really struggling to do my daily quiet time with the Lord, so this reading plan is really helping!  It's great to have a whole accountability group.  I've been doing my quiet time after lunch with a cup of coffee.  It's been so great!

Today I spent my afternoon working in the church library.  Being surrounded by books is one of the best ways I can imagine to spend an afternoon.

Today was such a lazy, rainy Thursday and I can't remember ever being so excited about rain!  It was such a cozy day, staying dry inside with some candles lit.  This afternoon I tried on my new scarf that Diana brought me home from Romania...I love it!  I can't wait until the weather cools down so I can wear it.

The rain has been great for my hanging baskets!

We spent the afternoon at a family reunion at Luke's parents' house.  I brought a bowl of fresh fruit.  We had a great time catching up with everyone!

I hung out with Sarah, Rachel, and the other Rachel tonight.  And the babies, of course.  We took a walk to get some ice cream and then watched the season finale of The Bachelorette.  Can't think of much that beats a girls night!

Today was a long day of business meetings at Malone University for yearly meeting.  Each Friends Church in the area set up a display, and this was DFC's display, made by my mom.  I'm so proud of where I come from!

I snapped this picture at a stop sign on my way home from yearly meeting.  It was a beautiful drive, and the clouds looked like cotton candy.  I wanted to capture the moment.

We spent tonight at with Luke's family because his aunt, uncle, and cousin are visiting from Charlotte.  The beautiful Lilly was there to entertain us all!

Today was full of amazing things: shopping in Hartville at the new hardware store and the marketplace; lunch at the Hartville Kitchen; pizza for dinner with Luke's family; a little Mexican Train; and chill time + Project Runway at home in the evening.  Perfection. 

Baking day today for Lindsey's bridal shower!  This is my cupcake drawer.

I spent my morning working hard on these babies.

Finally, shower day!  We had such a fun time celebrating my friend Lindsey and her fiance Richard.

Today marks the first day of my week-long geology class on dinosaurs.  At least I got to enjoy some fun scenery on my walk to class.

I loved the wispy clouds I saw while I walked across this bridge in Akron to get to my car after class today.

***

So many fun things were happening this month, and there are more to come in August!  I hope you had a blessed month too!


3 comments:

  1. I love these posts! It's so fun to see what you've been up to all month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these all... esp. the bridge and dominoes! WHat fun!! Thanks for linking up sweet thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from your link on LMM! You may love ice cream as much as I do! I just discovered DQ's blizzards and I have already had three this summer. Good stuff, glad I don't live close to a DQ though. Your month looks like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!