Saturday, April 21, 2012

Must See Movie, and Much Needed Girl Time

I've been super stressed out lately.  It's the end of the semester, and I still haven't heard a final verdict about grad school, finals are soon, and I'm trying to finish up my last few clinical observation hours for one of my classes.  Let's not even talk about the fact that I have no idea what my life will look like in 2 weeks if I don't get into grad school.

So when I heard that some of the ladies in my family were having a movie-and-dinner night, I knew it would be the perfect time to leave the worries at home, and have a nice night out.  And I'm so glad I was able to do that! 

We chose to see Mirror Mirror.


Have you seen this movie yet?  I felt like a huge nerd, because I got so sucked into it!  It was so cute!  And actually really funny, too.  It was weird to see Julia Roberts in the role of the villain, but she did a great job!  I find myself screening all the kids movies I watch to see if it's one we'll add to our collection and watch with our own kids someday.  And I think this one made the cut for sure.  (Does anyone else do that?  I hope I'm not the only one!) 

After the movie, we went out to dinner at Panera, and then I went shopping a little bit with my mom.

I don't think it matters how old you get: you always need girl time, and you always need family time.  This night was exactly what I needed!  Ever since that day, everything seems a little easier to handle. 

1000 Gifts 
128: Girls nights
129: Quality time with family
130. Not being too old to enjoy a kids' movie

1 comment:

  1. I totally know that feeling of having absolutely no idea what life will be like. I was applying to grad schools this semester too. Good luck and I'm sure that everything will work out for such a positive person!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!