Monday, April 9, 2012

Worthy is the Lamb - Easter 2012

Me and Luke, Easter '12.

Easter was wonderful this year.  I spent the morning at church, then the afternoon at my in-laws for a fish fry and the evening at my parents' for dinner.  The food was wonderful, and I let myself eat whatever I wanted.  That turned out to be a bad idea, because I haven't had bread or fried food in 5 days, and not much sugar at all.  About an hour after lunch, I blew up like a balloon and didn't feel too great all evening. ha!  That just goes to show what food can do to you.

Anyway, we had so much fun with family!  With Luke's family we played Mexican train all afternoon, and it is addicting!  


There were many desserts, mostly inspired by Pinterest.  Maria, my sister-in-law, and I both made little pretzel-chocolate-flower candies that were all over Pinterest.  We said next time we'll have to coordinate better. ha!  (I wish I had gotten a picture of her adorable peeps/chocolate chip sunflower cake.  It was so cute!)  


At my parents' house, I somehow didn't get any pictures!  But we had a great time hanging out with family.  And Julie, Andrew, and I (my sister and her husband)  had fun doing fun things like using an app to see how old we look and what celebrities we looked like.  I always seem to end up laughing until I can't breathe when I'm with my sister (which isn't too hard right now, due to my respiratory problems! ha!)  

It was a great day.  So full of family.  When we got home, it felt a little sad that the holiday was over, so I decided to occupy my mind with something else, and started a 1000 piece puzzle that we had gotten for Christmas, and obviously hadn't had time to start yet.  I worked on that for probably a good 3 or 4 hours before bed, while Luke caught up with some DVR'd shows.  The puzzle was on the living room coffee table, and the cats had been eyeing it all night, so I covered it with a big blanket when I went to bed, and thought it would be safe.  Wrong!  Luke said when he was in the bathroom brushing his teeth, he heard them knock the whole thing over!!  He didn't have the heart to tell me last night (plus I was already dead asleep...it was a long day!)  so he left me a note this morning. ha!  Really, I should have known better!  I'll have to be smarter about it next time. 

Anyway, that was our Easter!  But I can't sign off without recognizing the whole reason we celebrate: because of God's sacrifice when He sent His son to die for our sins!  You would think that every year, the meaning would lose some of its significance just because we celebrate it year after year.  But I think the opposite is true, because I think every year I'm a little older and (hopefully) more mature than the last year, and hits me harder and harder each year, the significance of the sacrifice.  This year there was one song that I was listening to all weekend and just meditating on the words:  Your Great Name (I like Natalie Grant's version).  It just reminds me that it doesn't matter what I'm going through - God loves me enough to send His son to die for MY sins. And He's powerful enough to overcome anything! Everything else just sort of pales in comparison to that. 

"Lost are saved, find their way
At the sound of Your great name
All condemned feel no shame
At the sound of Your great name
Every fear has no place 
At the sound of Your great name
The enemy, he has to leave
At the sound of Your great name

Jesus, worthy is the lamb that was slain for us
Son of God and man, You are high and lifted up
All the world will praise Your great name

All the weak find their strength
At the sound of Your great name
Hungry souls receive grace
At the sound of Your great name
The fatherless, they find their rest 
At the sound of Your great name
The sick are healed, and the dead are raised
At the sound of Your great name

Jesus, worthy is the lamb that was slain for us 
Son of God and man, you are high and lifted up
All the world will praise Your great name

Redeemer, my healer Lord Almighty
My savior, defender, You are my king"


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Easter! love the pic of you and Luke, y'all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful picture of you and Luke! I stuff myself too ALL day yesterday...I felt like a blimp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun sounding weekend! :) I LOVE Train! Hardly ever play though... my family is too loud and games take forever! haha. And I love that song!!! I was listening to it yesterday morning as I was getting ready... so powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that song by Natalie Grant--thanks for posting! My cat would have done the same thing to the puzzle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a good Easter (though that's a bummer about the puzzle!). And I wanted to say that your hair looks so pretty in that picture of you and Luke!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!