Anyway, let's review. Last week the doctor put me on a supplement to help my thyroid, and also told me to decrease my wheat intake. And after doing that, here's how I feel:
- Like I said, I have tons of energy! Not only that, but I feel more focused and motivated to get things done as well.
- I feel less "in a fog." I don't know how else to put that, but it had become the norm for me. Once the fog was gone, I realized just how badly I had been feeling, and how "out of it" I was, simply because I was tired and had zero energy.
- I have slept through the night most nights this week. This is HUGE, because (TMI alert) in the past I had to get up at least once to use the restroom in the middle of night, every night. I never understood why pregnant people complained about that, because it was normal for me. Anyway, since I've been drinking so much water, apparently my urine is less concentrated, and I have to "go" less. Who knew?? I always thought drinking more water would make me go more! Anyway, it's been great. Also, I haven't been waking up with coughing fits either.
- On days that I don't have to get up with an alarm, I have been waking up around 7:30 or 8 and feeling rested. I hate to admit this, but in the past it's always been 9:30 or 10, and I would never wake up feeling rested.
- My allergies are still slowly but surely getting better. People keep making comments about how much better I sound, probably because I'm less congested and my vocal folds (they're folds, not cords. Definitely had that drilled into my head this year. Ha!) aren't completely shot from coughing 24/7. I've even noticed I can sing in the car again, and hit the high notes :-) Yes, I'm a huge car singer, especially during my 45-minute drive to or from school.
- Overall, I feel great. Even emotionally.
Basically I have to do an experiment now where I can't have any milk or milk products for 2 weeks. NONE. And then after the two weeks, I'm supposed to have some again, and we are going to see what it does to my body. Kinda cool, actually! Although I was going to have a taco salad for dinner, and now that means I won't be able to have cheese or sour cream. Perhaps I will start the experiment tomorrow. Ha!
Today she also tested me for any emotional imbalances, and she said everything was normal there, so that was good to hear!
Next week we are going to test my metals, or something like that...? I'm sure I will learn all about it then. I feel like I am learning so much about my body and how it works, and that I really need to be treating it right!