Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sometimes He Makes us Wait...And Sometimes He Doesn't

Waiting.  My least favorite thing.  Something I've had to do a lot more than I ever wanted in the past two years.

Waiting for a baby.  Hands down the most difficult thing I've ever had to do, and we are quickly approaching the two year mark.  I'm just hoping it won't be much longer.

Waiting to feel healthy.  Again, two years and counting of feeling sick all the time, whether it's my stomach pains or my allergies.  This one has been difficult too, because who wants to feel sick all the time?! (Luckily, Operation Get Healthy is underway as of one hour ago)

Waiting to hear about grad school.  This one has only been going on for three months, but has also been grueling.  Mostly because I'm on the waiting list at both schools I applied to, and won't hear anything until April 15.  To say I'm on the edge of my seat would be an understatement.

I've had a lot of things to be patient about lately, and although I complain, I'm sure it has built my character and taught me to lean on the Lord all the more.

...So a few months ago when our downstairs renters moved out, I geared up for more waiting.  I'm normally not a pessimist, but I guess I was just preparing myself for the worst.  I was ready for months and months of waiting to find good renters for our now vacant apartment.

I've already written about what a blessing in disguise this whole situation has been, as we have been able to move into the downstairs apartment.  It is much "homier" down here, and much more convenient being on the first floor and I just love it.

What I have not written about yet, is an update on the status of our upstairs apartment.  And as of Sunday, it is occupied by a great set of renters!

As my title says, sometimes God makes us wait for things, and sometimes he just doesn't!  A few days after the renovations were complete and Luke and I were all moved downstairs, Luke planted a "For Rent" sign in our front yard, and listed our house on a local "buy, sell, or trade" Facebook page.

My prayer for weeks prior was that we would get a good set of renters, and that this house would be a blessing to them.  And this time, instead of saying, "Wait,"  God said, "I got this.  And I'm going to take care of it right this second."  Within an hour of listing the upstairs apartment, we had multiple phone calls and Facebook messages.

Two days later, we showed a few people the apartment, and one family said on the spot that they wanted to move in, and they wanted to move in as soon as possible.  They are our new renters, and I couldn't be more thankful!

I guess my whole point in this post was that God will always take care of us.  He always answers our prayers in the best way possible.  It's not always going to be an immediate "YES!"  But then again, sometimes it is!  And that is the awesome thing about the mystery of God.  I feel privileged to be blessed with this life just so I can watch in awe as it unfolds.

After writing this post when I found out our renters were moving out in January, it is awesome to be on the other side of things, and to see how God worked everything out so flawlessly and effortlessly.


This house has seemed like a burden at times, but when I look past the hard stuff, it has been one of the biggest blessings in our married life, and I praise God for it!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I'm a firm believer of everything happens how and when it should. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!