Thursday, September 17, 2009

Feeling Festive

Have I mentioned that I'm excited about fall? I think I may have expressed that once or twice or twenty times :-) The one thing that gets me more excited about the new season than anything else, is probably going to the grocery store. I love all the fun fall foods that are out right now!

Today I limited my extra purchases to just a few. First of all, as soon as I saw this caramel apple dip, I knew I couldn't pass it up:
I sliced a couple apples and Luke and I ate them with this amazing dip after a long day at work. It was delicious!

And I couldn't pass these up. I know it's early, but I couldn't resist. They are a tradition at our house (okay, so this is only our second year together, but I 'made' them last year too! Isn't that how traditions start?) I just love these Halloween sugar cookies :-)
Last year I think I made them for the Saw marathon that we had at our house. Kind of funny that I made something so cute and innocent to be eaten during probably the most twisted set of movies ever. (I really hate how gory those movies are, but I just can't resist watching them for the crazy, unexpected plot twists! I usually end up with my eyes closed during most of the movies, and I almost had to run to the bathroom at the end of the second movie because it was so gross I thought I was going to be sick. Does anyone else watch these, or am I the only twisted person out there that thinks they're entertaining??)

And I bought this on Saturday, but I just wanted to share it again. It's probably the best tea ever. It's like Red Hots candy in liquid form. But not as hot. SOO good!!

I don't know if I've ever written about my obsession with cookie cutters. We had a drawer in our kitchen that was supposed to be a "junk drawers." However, I think it's safe to just call it a cookie cutter drawer now, because there's nothing else in it, and it barely shuts.

For my birthday last year, my mother-in-law got me these fall cookie cutters. I didn't get a chance to use them yet, because we were so busy with the move all the way up until Thanksgiving last year. But I can't wait to bake some fall cookies and decorate them sometime soon! Are they NOT the cutest cookie cutters ever made?? I especially like the squirrel and the acorn :-)
And that's not all. I also have a bunch of cheap Halloween cookie cutters that I bought at Wal Mart the day I found out that we had to be out of our apartment in a week. So needless to say, that's the exact day that life became crazy and I haven't been able to use them yet, either.
I THINK the middle one on the bottom row is a moon. But the one in the bottom right corner...can anyone help me identify it?? I'm thinking it's a witch on a broomstick, but I'm not sure. (If that's the case, I think it's upside-down in this picture). I literally stood there for 2 minutes before I took this picture, turning it in all different directions to try to figure it oute. Hmm, I can also see a ghost wearing an inner tube if I turn it the other way around ;-) ...Maybe I'll just have to toss that one!

Edit: After reading this post again, I realized that it's a witch's face...it's really obvious now. She's wearing a hat, and she has a long, pointy chin. I might throw it out anyway...I think the other ones are just a lot cuter! To this day, I just really don't like witches. Even the cute kind. Witchcraft is a real thing, and it freaks. me. out.

So what fun things are you doing to celebrate this season? Some of you may be sick of my fall posts. To you I say, just WAIT until Christmastime. This is nothin' compared to that;-)

9 comments:

  1. I couldn't tell it was a witch either. Don't feel bad:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving all of your Fall items!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cookie cutters! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh I LOVE the caramel dip! It makes me want to go get some right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would love it here right now. It's Apple Festival! Last night was the apple pie eating contest. Oh what fun to watch all those people gulp down pie trying to win!. Today is the kiddie parade and tomorrow is the grand parade and pageant. The mascot is Captain Applesauce. How fun is that??!!!?!?! Have a great weekend. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cookie cutters, too! Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love fall and hearing about other people's obsession for the season too!

    One of my favorite things to do on a brisk fall day when I get home from work is light some yummy candles, turn on some soothing music like Jim Brickman or something, cook up some soup and cuddle on the couch with a good book or a movie. Just enjoying the ambiance that you can create in the fall that just isn't the same any other time of the year. I'm addicted. :)

    Party on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!