Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Diaries Day 17: A Productive Day!

I am officially out of my funk. It still doesn't really feel like Christmas because it's not snowing, and hasn't snowed much. But my attitude is much better than it was the other day, and I think a lot of the reason is because I finally got some things crossed off of the big Christmas to-do list.

Today I...

Finished my Christmas shopping. I am completely DONE!! Hallelujah. And it's sad, but this is probably the earliest I've ever been completely done with my shopping!

Fixed homemade potato soup for dinner. It took FOREVER to make, but it turned out to be pretty good, and it was perfect for a freezing day like today.

Finally found envelopes the right size for my Christmas cards! They are all addressed (well, except for a few I don't have addresses for yet!), stamped, and ready to be dropped off at the post office first thing tomorrow morning. I vowed that next year I will have my cards all ready to be sent before Thanksgiving so I don't keep running into these obstacles so close to Christmas, and then end up barely getting them out in time for Christmas!

Started making Russian Tea Cakes, my FAVORITE kind of Christmas cookies. I had never made them before, and was surprised at how easy they were. However, I started getting stabbing, burning pains in my stomach about halfway through rolling them. I should have known better than to eat that potato soup full off half and half cream! Especially since my recent stomach issues. I was doubled up on the floor holding my stomach, and decided that it was time to call it a day and go lie down and watch my guilty pleasure, Real Housewives of Orange County (I know, I'm ashamed. It's like a train wreck that I can't turn away from). I will have to finish my Russian Tea Cakes tomorrow after work. I'm going to have to hide them from myself or else they'll all be gone in two days!

So yeah, I feel like I got a lot accomplished today! Now that all of those things are out of the way, I'm enjoying this time MUCH more, and not letting the craziness and stress get to me :-) And luckily I feel 100% better now after the whole potato soup episode :-P Luckily Luke has promised he will eat the leftovers (he normally just doesn't eat leftovers) because I will not do that to myself again...I'm not a fan of feeling like my stomach is on fire :-P

Oh! And before I go, Callie I forgot to show you your prize for winning my December Photo Scavenger Hunt! Here it is:Winter Candy Apple hand soap and hand lotion. This is my favorite winter/Christmas scent from Bath and Body Works, and I just love the new plaid bottles! I hope you enjoy it, Callie! I hope it gets to you by Christmas, but if not, hopefully you can use it all winter :-) Thanks for participating!

*****
Have a great Christmasy weekend! Can you believe it will be Christmas Eve in one week?! Where has the time gone??

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you are getting more into the Christmas spirit! I'm really enjoying reading your "Christmas Diaries!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are we going to get a peek at your Christmas Cards??!!

    I really wanted to do a "family" (me, bf and the dogs) photo for our xmas card, but never got around to it. :( NEXT YEAR!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to get so much done! That must be a wonderful feeling for you!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thank you! How fun. I love good smelling soap like that (Bath and Body Works has some great stuff) but I can never afford it. This will be proudly displayed in my bathroom all winter, I can assure you! I think I may have to invite some people over, just so they can see that I have fancy hand soap in the bathroom . . .you know what's sad? I'm totally serious when I say that. Totally.
    Anyway, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!