Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 1: Christmas Lights

Every year during December, my mom kept a calendar on the refrigerator. We would write all of our Christmas plans on the calendar. She has kept all of the old December calendars, and I love to look through them now to see all the fun things we did during each Christmas season when I was younger. It brings back a lot of memories.

So I decided that my blog would be my own version of mom's old calendar pages. This month I'm going to write every day about all the Christmasy things I've been up to. Sorry in advance for the Christmas overload, but for the next 25 days there won't be much talk on here about anything but Christmas :-)

Yesterday was day 1 of December. There is no doubt that the Christmas season is underway now!

Last night was a fun night for me and Luke. We had to go grocery shopping, but Luke decided to make it fun. He works for the parks department, and he loves Christmas just about as much as I do. So this year, Luke set up some Christmas lights on the little duck pond at one of the parks. He drove me to the park to see them. Although we had some technical difficulties, and only part of the lights were working, I thought they were really pretty! I love how you can see their reflection on the pond.
We drove through the streets, looking at all the Christmas lights on the houses. And of course every town has their own Griswold home, and last night we went to see our town's :-) We go to this particular house (mansion is more like it) every year. You can't actually see the house from the road, but the yard is pretty spectacular! I didn't get a great picture because there is constantly a stream of cars rolling through, so Luke didn't exactly want to stop and take pictures. But you get the idea :-)These pictures resulted due to slowly coasting car, a very slow shutter speed. I thought it looked kinda cool :-)
We came home later and relaxed in the living and watched Scrubs while the tree glowed in the background. Okay...and I fell asleep since I have apparently become narcoleptic :-P (just kidding).

I can't wait to see what the next 24 days will bring! Have I mentioned that this is my favorite time of year? ;-) the only thing that could get me more in the mood for Christmas is if it snowed. The 10 day forecast is calling for flurries on Saturday!! Yay!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, how lovely! Sounds like a beautiful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Christmas activities! The pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at Christmas lights...I have not seen many in my area in AZ...... once I do I will take some pictures! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 25 days of Christmas! I love this time of year too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Christmas lights!!!! They are so cozy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!