Luke did finally email me a picture of our first snow, so here it is!This was taken just a few minutes after it sarted. We've gotten a lot more since then. It's been snowing off and on for a few days, and we've had crazy strong winds. Our electricity has gone out a few times but luckily it didn't stay out for long. The snow is making everything outside look so beautiful and Christmasy! I love it (for now). Now if only it would just give us a snow day ;-)
Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten much of my Christmas to-do list completed. So yesterday and today I've been deciding what needs done and how soon.
I still need to:
1. Complete and send my Christmas cards (This weekend or next Monday).
2. Do Christmas shopping for about 7 people including a White Elephant gift (I would like to have all shopping done by the end of next week).
3. Bake Christmas cookies! A lot of them. (This weekend and next week).
4. Finish decorating (finished yesterday! Okay, so I just included that one so I could say it was completed. I gotta be ready for the Christmas tour of Homes!!)
5. Watch the big 4 Christmas movies: Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story. (Anytime before Christmas :-))
6. Purchase some hot chocolate packets (Tomorrow). Seriously, you HAVE to have lots of that around Christmastime ;-)
7. Decorate my classroom for Christmas (Monday...this should have been done 2 weeks ago :-P)
And I think that's about it :-) Doesn't sound so bad when I type it out, I guess. Plus, those are all really fun things :-)
I love Christmas, but this year I seem to be really stressing myself out. I'm letting the maniacal nature of the season get to me. I need to stop, and remember the real reason for the season.