Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Diaries days 8 & 9: To-Do

Wow, I don't know what happened to me, but I am just running out of blogging inspiration! I didn't write yesterday, and have had to talk myself into posting today. I guess it's because not much has been going on around here. Which is fine with me...it's been a peaceful week. But it doesn't leave much to write about.

Luke did finally email me a picture of our first snow, so here it is!
This was taken just a few minutes after it sarted. We've gotten a lot more since then. It's been snowing off and on for a few days, and we've had crazy strong winds. Our electricity has gone out a few times but luckily it didn't stay out for long. The snow is making everything outside look so beautiful and Christmasy! I love it (for now). Now if only it would just give us a snow day ;-)

Unfortunately, I still haven't gotten much of my Christmas to-do list completed. So yesterday and today I've been deciding what needs done and how soon.

I still need to:

1. Complete and send my Christmas cards (This weekend or next Monday).
2. Do Christmas shopping for about 7 people including a White Elephant gift (I would like to have all shopping done by the end of next week).
3. Bake Christmas cookies! A lot of them. (This weekend and next week).
4. Finish decorating (finished yesterday! Okay, so I just included that one so I could say it was completed. I gotta be ready for the Christmas tour of Homes!!)
5. Watch the big 4 Christmas movies: Elf, It's a Wonderful Life, Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story. (Anytime before Christmas :-))
6. Purchase some hot chocolate packets (Tomorrow). Seriously, you HAVE to have lots of that around Christmastime ;-)
7. Decorate my classroom for Christmas (Monday...this should have been done 2 weeks ago :-P)

And I think that's about it :-) Doesn't sound so bad when I type it out, I guess. Plus, those are all really fun things :-)

I love Christmas, but this year I seem to be really stressing myself out. I'm letting the maniacal nature of the season get to me. I need to stop, and remember the real reason for the season.
Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. I am struggling for blog inspiration too. It's harder than I thought during the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started Christmas shopping today. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am lacking in my blog inspiration. Bleh. Don't get stressed over the season. I find that if I make my "to do lists," 2 columned with "musts," and "want to's" I can control the stress a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lack in blog inspiration every single day lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Willow Tree nativity scene - I want to get one someday!
    I've had a hard time finding time for everything this Christmas too - but the most important thing is remembering the reason for the season, like you said!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!