Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Summer Must-Sees

There is nothing I love more than a summer matinee. I love to enjoy the air conditioned movie theater in the heat of the day when the theater's not too crowded. I love that at my local theater I can get in for $2.25 to see a new movie if it's a matinee. I love to skip lunch and grab a delicious, buttery popcorn. There is just something special about movies in the theater during the summertime. Or...maybe it's just me :-P

So anyway, today I thought I'd write about a few must-sees on my list this summer!

1. Toy Story 3
Release date: June 18
Oh how I love the Toy Story movies! The first one came out when I was about 10, and I absolutely LOVED it. I liked the second one, too, and even though I'm 25 now, I can't wait to see the third one! They're just so funny, I don't care what age you are...they're still good! Luke and I might actually go see this on our anniversary date in IMAX 3D. We're totally romantic and grown-up, right? :-P

2.Grown Ups
Release Date: June 25
Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, and Rob Schieder...seriously, how could this movie not be funny? We especially love Kevin James. We watch reruns of "King of Queens" most afternoons or evenings, so we will be sure not to miss this one!

3. Eclipse
Release Date: June 30
I don't think I need to say much about this one...I already have plans to go see it at midnight with a friend, and I've been waiting to see it since I walked out of the theater after watching "New Moon" in November.

4. Despicable Me
Release Date: July 9
Another cute animated movie. Apparently it's about a man who is trying to steal the moon...? I don't really get it, but the trailer just looks so adorable! I admit, I love computer-animated movies!

5. Ramona and Beezus
Release Date: July 23
I'm really making myself look immature here, but apparently I like kids movies! lol...when I was in about third grade, I read through all of the Ramona Quimby books by Beverly Cleary. I LOVED Ramona. She reminded me a lot of myself, I guess, and I just couldn't get enough of her. I even remember watching the Ramona TV show on the Disney Channel. Anyone else remember this one?? Anyway, I will probably go see this movie, and I'll probalby be one of the only people older than 12 in the theater :-P

6. Dinner for Schmucks
Release Date: July 30
I don't even really know what this movie is about, but seeing Steve Carell on the poster with that goofy grin on his face just makes me want to see it! I think this will be a funny one! Although, I had to admit after seeing "Date Night," that it was tough for me to see Steve Carell as anyone but Michael Scott after so many hours of watching "The Office."

7. Charlie St. Cloud
Release Date: July 30
This is a fantasy/romance movie about a young man who just lost his little brother. After watching the trailer, I can see it's one of those romance movies that's just too sickly sweet, and will probably have me crying multiple times before the end, a la "The Last Song." Those are my favorite kind, so I really can't wait to see this one!

8. Eat, Pray, Love
Release Date: August 13
It stars Julia Roberts, and is based on a true story/book. I want to read the book before I go see the movie. But anyway, it's about a woman who decides to travel the world for a year so that she can "find herself" and get her zest for life back. It just looks like a real feel-good movie, and I can't wait to see it!

9. Nanny McPhee Returns
Release Date: August 20
Okay, so maybe I have a problem with all these kids movies. But did you see the first one?? It was almost too cute for words. So of course I want to see the second one, too.

10. Going the Distance
Release Date: August 27
Drew Barrymore, Justin Long, romantic comedy...what's not to like?

And that rounds off my list. 10 movies...that's almost 1 movie a week! So some of these I may not see until I can have them sent to my door through Netflix :-) But at least now I have a nice list that I can refer to to see which movies come out which weeks!

What movies are on your must-see list this summer??

1 comment:

  1. I've never even heard of half of these, but they all sound great! :D A Ramona movie?!?!?? I will definitely be seeing that one!
    And I am extremely excited for ECLIPSE! My roommate from college is coming to visit me just to see it! I think we may wait until Thursday to go, though.
    Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!