Monday, June 28, 2010

A Speck

Yesterday our pastor did a sermon about how small we are in comparison to the universe. We are nothing but a speck in the grand scheme of things. And yet God cares for us and loves us so much, that He sacrificed His Son to save each and every one of us. Our pastor also spoke about the glory of creation and how we can see God's evidence through it. The same God who created the universe created you and me. What an overwhelming thought!

Our God is an incredible artist.

I took some pictures today while riding in the car with Luke. Even on a cloudy, rainy day, his creation is so beautiful!

He created the flowers
And the ocean
And what can match the beauty of a twilight sky? Every single night we get to see the sky change colors as the sun sets. Not to mention we get to experience a different display in different colors every single night.
Speaking of colors, I cannot forget to mention rainbows. One of my favorite of God's creations :-)
As if that's not enough, He created the four seasons so that we can experience the world in four vastly different and uniquely majestic ways
And these are just a small fraction of the pictures I've captured of God's beautiful creation in the past year. Just from my little neck of the woods and the places I've visited. It blows my mind. There is proof of God's majesty and fingerprints around every corner. He blesses us with it every day if we just open our eyes. Not only that, but He created the earth so that everything works together like a beautiful symphony. The creator of all that created you and me.

How on earth can we NOT trust Him with our little lives when he's done all this and more??

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Post, Jessica! It's so true - His creativity is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your photos are beautiful. His creation certainly is amazing!

    {Love your header tagline for one day at a time is truly all we have!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always think that God really must love us a whole lot when I look at all of the beauty around us. I love watching Planet Earth and seeing the gorgeous footage of so many natural phenomenons. The little details He put into the creation are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!