I have never participated in Thankful Thursday before, but today I feel like I need to. I'm just going to be real here and say that I've really been struggling with envy A LOT lately. It seems like we go through different struggles based on where we are in our lives, and right now I seem to be in the season of envy. How ugly is that? I spend a lot of my time feeling resentful and wondering why God seems to be blessing everyone around me so abundantly and it feels like he is holding out on me. So I'm two years old then, right? :-P That's how I feel. As I wrote last week sometime, God is probably just working in me to teach me to trust Him. But it's hard to be in the midst of that sometimes.
So how do I combat this ever-encroaching envy? I dwell on things that are good. Hence my first ever thankful Thursday post. Here goes nothin':
1. I am thankful for long talks and text sessions with a somewhat new, but great friend. We are in different places in our lives, but feeling some of the same feelings, and it's nice to have someone who totally understands. You know who you are :-)
2. I am thankful for such a supportive family. And especially a mom who lately seems to be able to read my mind and has the perfect things to say at the perfect times.
3. I am thankful for my husband, and that we celebrated two years of marriage on Monday. I don't have enough great things to say about him.
4. I am thankful for Luke's family. As far as in-laws go, I pretty much hit the jackpot. It's been fun this week because he has family visiting from NC, so we've gotten to hang out with them a lot.
5. I am thankful for summer vacation. But also thankful that school starts in a month-and-a-half. I'm ready to be on a schedule again.
6. I'm thankful for a sunny day today so I can go weed my flower beds and lay out in the sun later.
7. I'm thankful that my little sister beat 6 other people out of the spot to an interior design internship which may turn into a job. (had to get that little brag in there! haha)
8. I'm thankful for fun plans this weekend, including photographing a princess party for little girls and their moms at our church. Seriously can't wait ;-)
9. I'm thankful for dinners made out on the grill, and delicious veggies to go with it.
10. I'm thankful for all of my blog friends. I love having friends scattered all around the US and beyond. Anyone who says you can't be friends with someone you haven't met face-to-face does not understand us ;-)
I feel more content already :-) Happy Thursday!