Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week in Review

Sunday 1/2 - Luke wasn't due back from Colorado until late Sunday night, so I spent the day with my family again. We went to church, toured the progress on the new building, ate lunch at Hot Dog Shoppe, and spent the day hanging out, playing the adventure computer game we had been working on all week. Finally in the evening, I headed home, and welcomed Luke back from his week away! I was so happy to see him!
Just for fun, here are some pictures of Luke in CO.
The Frozen Beard - after walking straight up a mountain during a blizzard. (His beard has since been shaved completely off. I wonder if he misses it...)

O - H, I - O From Pike's Peak, I believe.

Monday 1/3 - This was my first day back to school. It wasn't easy to go back, but it is nice to be back on a schedule. I spent the evening putting all of our Christmas decorations away (sad!) and watching the season premiere of The Bachelor!

Tuesday 1/4 - I spent the evening cleaning, watching the (STRESSFUL) Sugar Bowl game...Go Bucks!! But mostly sleeping on the couch. Going back to work is tiring!

Wednesday 1/5 - After work I visited with my grandma, and then spent my evening hanging out at my parents' house, since it was my sister's last day before she headed back to school for her very last semester before graduating!

Thursday 1/6 - I went straight from work to my friend Kristin's house. We headed out for a girls night which included: Going to the dollar theater to see RED, an unexpected blizzard, dinner from KFC, chilling at Kristin's house, looking online at bridesmaids dresses since I still need one for my sister's wedding, and watching the first part of Anne of Green Gables before I decided to head home since the roads were BAD. I love girls nights!


Friday 1/7 - Luke and I headed to his parents' house on Friday night after dinner to watch Inception! His family hadn't seen it yet. We ate homemade popcorn while we watched the craziness unfold. I think his parents and sister loved it!

Saturday 1/8 - My morning began with a library committee meeting at church, and continued with some cupcake decorating at my Aunt Beth's house for my cousin Rachel's bridal shower. My Aunt Beth, cousin Sarah, friend Julia, and her adorable 3-year-old son Kirk were all there, and it was a fun morning! After we were done decorating, we spent a long time hanging out in the cozy living room, chatting and sipping on coffee and hot cocoa, watching Kirk build tractors with Legos :-) After that, Luke and I had a little shopping trip planned, to use our Christmas gift cards. We spent time in Barnes and Noble, Kohls where I bought a great pair of black boots, Dicks, and we had a late lunch at Applebees. We had so much fun spending the afternoon together! After our afternoon out, we had a dessert reception at the church for the building campaign. It was so nice!
Movies I watched this week: RED (B), Inception (A++)

Books I'm reading this week: The Bible - I Kings, The Lost World by Michael Crichton (still!), Hearing from God Each Morning by Joyce Meyer, and Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick

Songs I'm loving this week: No Matter What - Kerri Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!