Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Afternoon at the Greenhouses

My mom invited out on a spontaneous trip to a couple of greenhouses on Monday.  We stopped at a place called Lonardo's Greenhouse and also at Altiere's Home and Garden Center, both in Boardman.

It was such a peaceful afternoon looking through all the plants, admiring them and picking a few to take with us here and there.  I didn't really buy much, but my mom bought a flat of Impatiens that she is going to share with me!  I was really thankful and excited because I'm going to use them to put together some hanging baskets to hang on my porch.

It was a beautiful late spring day, and we stopped halfway through for an iced tea at Dunkin Donuts (not sweetened, of course...we added our own natural sweeteners that Mom jut happens to carry in her purse wherever she goes.  The things you do when you're on the Prism diet!)  Anyway, I hadn't had iced tea in about 6 weeks, so it tasted so good to me.  Definitely a highlight of my day!

I am so thankful to be able to spend quality time with my mom so often, and also that my allergies have improved so much that a day around flowers and pollen was enjoyable instead of torture!

Thanks for a fun afternoon, Mom!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!