Tuesday, May 15, 2012

101 in 1,001 Revisited

I can't believe it's been almost 1,001 days since I wrote my 101 in 1,001 list!  When I wrote it, I thought 1,001 days would seem like forever.  Of course, time never ceases to amaze me with how fast it seems to move.  So although I have 4 days left, I'm going to assume I've met all the goals I'm going to meet.  You can check out my list here.

I completed 60 out of 101 things.  I'm pretty happy with that.  I realized as time went on, that a lot of the items on my list were no longer things that applied to me, or that I cared to complete.  It's funny how much can change in a couple of years.  

Today I thought I'd just highlight a few things from my list as I close out this challenge.  

The goals I'm most excited about that I met are:

7. Volunteer in the church library.  I loved working in the library so much, that I'm now one of the leaders of the library committee at church, and I work there almost every Sunday.  

19. Go on a vacation.  The one and only big vacation we took during the 1,001 days was our week in Arizona.  And it was one of the best weeks of my life!


31. Learn to play the violin.  My parents got me a semester of lessons for Christmas, and I loved it!  I still need to purchase a violin of my own, though, because the one I was using was a loan.  It was an extremely difficult instrument to learn, and I'm still very much a beginner. 


63.  See a play or musical.  I was blessed to be able to see The Phantom of the Opera when it was on tour in Cleveland, and was so excited not only to cross that off of this list, but my bucket list as well.


87. Go on a hike.  We went on an amazing hike up a mountain in Sedona, and it was a highlight of my life.  I have never seen such beauty before, or felt so renewed and completely separated from the rest of the world.


And there were a few items that I came really close to meeting, but didn't quite make it:

6. Read the entire Bible.  I read the entire New Testament, and Genesis - Ecclesiastes in the Old Testament.  I'm still working on this one. 

90. Read all of the Harry Potter books.  I went on a HP reading spree last summer, and read books 3, 4, and 5 in a matter of weeks.  I still need to read 6 and 7, though.  Maybe this summer I will find time. 

101. Do project 365.  I tried this twice and got about halfway through the year both times.  It's just not meant to happen, I guess.

 And just a few that I'm really sad I was not able to meet:

30. Buy a DSLR camera.  Maybe someday when I'm an SLP and can afford one, this will happen.

34. Become pregnant.  obviously, no explanation is necessary.  I have made myself promise not to make this a goal on anymore lists, ever. 

35. Visit at least one of these parks: Disney World, Universal Studios or Sea World.  What can I say?  I'm a kid at heart.

59. Visit Lindsey in Chicago.  I still really want to do this!

And that's that!  I loved having lots of goals to work toward in this list, but 101 things...that's kind of an overwhelming amount.  

So now that I'm done with this list, I thought I'd make a 30 before 30 list.  I've seen a lot of bloggers do this, and have been wanting to make one for about a year.  I am 27-and-a-half, after all.  I only have 2-and-a-half years left!  

I'm still finishing making this list, because I'm trying to put a little more thought into it than my 101 in 1001 list.  I'm thinking of things that I know will still be relevant and important to me in the next 2.5 years.  Be on the lookout for that sometime later this week.  I'm really excited about it! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww yay, I can't wait to see your 30 before 30 list :) I love following along with everyone's progress. I needed to give myself 5 years this time in order to have hope at completing just 30 things!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!