Thursday, August 26, 2010

Beautiful Movies: The Proposal

I love movies. This is no secret if you know me at all. I love the story and the acting, but my favorite thing about a movie is the scenery, sets, costumes, and cinematography. Even a movie with a sub-par plot can be saved if it is beautiful to look at.

I decided to start showcasing my favorite and most beautiful-to-look-at movies on my blog. Tonight, Sarah came over and we decided to watch "The Proposal." It is one of my favorite movies! It's hilarious, and a love story, and full of beautiful, Alaskan eye candy.

My very favorite thing to look at in the movie is the Alaskan scenery. The movie is set in Sitka, Alaska. Gorgeous!
My mom was actually born in Alaska. Her dad was in the military, and he was stationed there when she was born. I've always wanted to visit Alaska because of that. But after seeing "The Proposal" for the first time, the yearning to go there became much stronger! I think it's obvious why.

I also love the quaint little downtown area of the movie. It's just too cute. (I LOVE the internet cafe with the dial-up internet...too funny!)

I also love that Sitka is surrounded by water.

And oooooh how I love the Paxton house!!
This is the best picture I could find of it, but I think it's just beautiful!

And the bedroom is so amazing. I couldn't find a picture of it, but I'm sure most of you have seen the movie. Giant room, huge fireplace, a gargantuan bed with a beautiful headboard, and a phenomenal view of the lake. I really wish I could have found a picture!

I can't forget about the wedding in the barn
And while we're at it, check out her wedding dress! I love it. Vintage and unique. This whole scene is just perfect.

There are so many things I love about this movie! hopefully someday I will be able to visit Alaska to experience all of this for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!