Sunday, August 15, 2010

Week in Review

Sunday 8/8 - I went to church and then taught(subbed) a Sunday school class for the 4 and 5 year olds. Immediately following that, I made the 1.5 hour drive to my friend Jami's house for our Malone Girls reunion! I hadn't seen some of these people since freshman year, which was 6 years ago! (Yikes!) It was so much fun catching up with everybody. There were 5 kids there, too! I can't believe we are all grown up and most of us are married, and a lot of us have kids already! Crazy. We have decided to make this a twice-a-year reunion, so I will get to see all of these lovely ladies and their husbands and beautiful children again at Christmastime. I can't wait!

Monday 8/9 - I was treated to lunch by my lovely cousin, Rachel. We went to a restaurant called Andrea's Garden, and everything on the menu is 100% natural. I got tomato corn chowder and a salad, and it was delicious! They had the best spiced iced tea, too. And the atmosphere was great. I want to go back again soon! Later that night, our regular small group was canceled, so our friend Katie invited everyone over to her house instead. We had a fun time sitting around the fire in her beautiful backyard and visiting.

Tuesday 8/10 - I spent the day cleaning the house, and then ventured out into the sea of humidity to take a walk to get the mail and take some pictures of construction of the church for the church blog. My car is still not back, so walking is necessary. In the evening, Luke had his first softball tournament game, and he played his brother-in-law's team. So there were a bunch of people there to watch the game. After the game, a lot of the guys came swimming at my parents' house while the girls walked to get some ice cream. Following that, we all came over to our house to watch "The Hangover." I will miss these summer nights in a few weeks :-(

Wednesday 8/11 - This is the first day in a long while that I had absolutely nothing planned. I spent the day reading and cleaning, visited my grandma, and later took Luke's truck grocery shopping. In the evening when Luke had band practice, I watched a movie which is becoming a weekly ritual.

Thursday 8/12 - Luke took the afternoon off so that we could go car shopping. We ended up staying at the dealership for 6 hours! But in the end it was worth it, because we got rid of our unreliable Passat, but gained a nice Ford Fusion. On the way home, there was a hot air balloon lift-off going on in a nearby park, and we saw a bunch of them fly overhead while we were driving. Later that night, we made our rounds to show our family members our new car!!

Friday 8/13 - I went to the church again for more construction photos for the church blog. In the evening, Luke had another softball tournament game, which he lost this time :-( We stayed for our brother-in-law's game too, but his team lost too! Bad night for softball, I guess. Afterwards, Luke went over to his friends' house while I stayed home and watched the Phantom of the Opera movie.

Saturday 8/14 - What a day this was! This was the day we went to see Phantom of the Opera in Cleveland! It was amazing! I will have a full recap to share tomorrow. After the show, we went to Legacy Village to eat dinner at Cheesecake Factory. While we were waiting to be seated, we spent a long time in one of my FAVORITE places, Crate & Barrel. What a fun day!

1 comment:

  1. wow that was another great week! I'm so glad you liked the Phantom...and Cheesecake Factory and Crate and Barrel are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!