Sunday, August 29, 2010

Week in Review: End of Summer Edition

Sunday 8/22 - After church, Luke had a bunch of guys over for a Fantasy Football draft party. I stayed around long enough to eat some pizza with them. It was from Wedgewood, some of the best pizza ever! But then I decided that was too much testosterone, so my mom and I went out to see a movie together. We decided on Nanny McPhee Returns. We both loved the first one. The second one did not disappoint! It was so good, completely whimsical, and just adorable like the first one. I even cried not one, not two, but THREE times during the movie! Crazy, I know. After the movie, I came home and chilled for the rest of the evening.

Monday 8/23 - I was supposed to baby-sit kids during an exercise class at church that morning, but no kids came! Next I had to bring my car back to the dealership to get the brakes looked at (Boo! I am just not having good luck with cars lately!) And then I went out to lunch with my mom and some friends. Sort of a last hurrah of the summer. After lunch, we went to Handels for some ice cream. Then mom and I went shopping! At Big Lots, there were big bins full of $3 books! Umm, heaven. Look at the picture to see whose book was right on top of the cheap books, too :-P Later that evening, I made a big dinner to celebrate the summer, and watched my TV shows later that night.

Tuesday 8/24 - I spent most of the day getting things together and organized for my classroom. Later in the evening, Luke and I went to pick up our car. Our breaks were fixed, and the dealership didn't charge us since we bought the car less than two weeks ago. Praise God! I went grocery shopping, made dinner, did some laundry, and then Luke went out with some guys to see a movie. I took the opportunity to get in my pajamas early, jump in bed, and watch TLC all evening while also catching up on blogs and reading a book during commercial breaks. Yes, I am a multi-tasker ;-)

Wednesday 8/25 - I didn't have much going on this day besides a doctor's appointment. After the appointment (which felt like it took 5 hours, but only actually took 1), I went shopping, and came home and had dinner with Luke. When Luke went to band practice, Sarah came over and we caught up since I hadn't seen her since her vacation! Then we watched "The Proposal." I love that movie so much!

Thursday 8/26 - This day was my last official day of summer vacation, and unfortunately I have to say that I spent most of it feeling depressed. The summer just went by way too quickly! But I snapped out of it in the afternoon, got a ton of cleaning and laundry done around the house, and read "This Present Darkness" all evening. It is such a great book!

Friday 8/27 - I woke up at 4:30 Friday morning because I've been having major stomach pains in the middle of the night {again} lately. I never ended up falling back to sleep before I had to wake up at 6:15 for opening day at work! So I got up early and felt really funny about having to get a shower and get ready soooo early after having 3 straight months of not waking up before 7 or even 8. At 8:00 I headed to the high school for breakfast and meetings. It was sooo great to see everybody from work after 3 months! I am so blessed to really like and get along with just about all the people that I work with, and it was great to catch up with them! After the meetings at the high school, I headed over to my building (the elementary school) to start setting up my new classroom (my old one was turned into a computer lab over the summer and my new classroom is about 1/3 the size of the old one). I was in for a bit of a shock when I saw my classroom. It was small and for some reason half of the room was filled up with computers! I really only need about 3 or 4 computers at the very most. I spent about an hour trying to figure out the best placement for the desks and tables, and I finally came up with one that I like. I will share pictures next week! I then had a building staff meeting, ate lunch, had a grades 4-6 discipline meeting, came back to my classroom to decorate, and then spent the last 2 hours of the day tracking down the teachers I will be working with, and figuring out my seriously messed up schedule (this inevitably happens every year) I was finally ready to leave at about 4:00. And somehow by this time I had a horrible sinus headache and was so congested I could barely breathe. Yikes. I came home and rested after my looong day, and then we went to a fish fry at Luke's aunt and uncle's house since he has family visiting from out of town. It was delicious, and so great to see everyone! After I left the fish fry, I went to my grandma's house because my parents were visiting. It was my dad's birthday, and he and my mom left for Myrtle Beach on Saturday, so I wanted to say "Happy Birthday" and "Goodbye." After THAT, I came upstairs, turned on some stupid tv show on VH1, and pretty much didn't move for a few hours. Sometime later I somehow dragged myself downstairs to brush my teeth and get in bed, but I really don't remember it. Let the madness and tiredness begin again! I must say, though, it felt really good to be back in a classroom again :-) Whew, that was a big explanation! I doubt anyone read through that all. If you did, you deserve a prize!

Saturday 8/28 - As crazy as Friday was, Saturday was just the opposite. Luckily, whatever illness I had been fighting the day before was much better by Saturday.I spent the entire day doing a marathon cleaning of the house while Luke worked outside. I want to get everything in place before school officially starts with the kids next week. In the evening, I went to my parents' house to take care of their dog, Holly, which is my job while they're in Myrtle Beach. I came home, made dinner, and spent the night chilling out at home, taking in every quiet moment before Monday morning!

And that was my crazy week. Only one picture this week! How boring am I? That's okay, I really enjoyed my last week of summer :-) It is the last week off that I will have until Christmas, so I tried to have fun with it!


  1. It sounds like another good and busy week! This week went by so quickly- I feel like was just reading your week in review for last week!

  2. How was the doc's appt.? Everything OK?


Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!