Saturday, August 7, 2010

A Dog's World

Today I experienced something that I've never experienced before: a dog show! My parents went with a bunch of their friends, and I decided to tag along because I thought it sounded like fun.

After a hearty lunch at Perkins, we headed to the Canfield Fairgrounds, where the dog show was being held. I wasn't sure what to expect, But today was the day where all the individual breeds were being judged. So basically there were little show areas all around the campground showing different breeds at different times. We had fun walking around and seeing everything there was to be seen.

We saw some very interesting things. For instance, a pink poodle...And a stroller. For a dog. I couldn't make this stuff up.
We saw furry dogs...
...And bald dogs like a Chinese Crested (no picture because I wanted to spare you the ugliness :-P)

Big dogs,
And little dogs.
Adorable dogs,

And ugly dogs. But I already mentioned the Chinese Crested. ;-)

We even made a few friends along the way
This woman was certainly in love with her Samoyeds. This one is a puppy (Cosby, I think his name was), and you can kind of see the full grown ones in the cages in the back. I've wanted one ever since I saw "The Proposal." Remember Kevin? I'm pretty sure he was either a Samoyed puppy or America Eskimo.

Isn't Cosby the cutest? He seemed to really like this Eskie. He's pretty big for being only 3 months old!

In addition to seeing all these cute dogs, I drank the best lemonade ever. Perfect sugar to lemon ratio.
And spent time with Kristin!

It was a fun day, but would I go to another dog show? I'm not so sure. There were a lot of dogs there and it was a little hard to escape the smell of dog poop :-P Also, it got kind of boring, so I'm glad we didn't stay too long. I think we were there maybe 2 or 3 hours.

I brought three things home with me, though. Two new pairs of cheap sunglasses that I bought there, and a new case of puppy fever!

1 comment:

  1. aww those dogs are all soooo cute!! Love the pink one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment! I read and appreciate each and every one. Blessings to you!